BB
Posted By
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 11, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
For the Australians here: I have a friend in Australia who wants to get a new camera since he got hooked on PE, and he was asking about purchasing a camera either in Australia or online.

Anyone have any suggestions for places for him to try? Do the American outfits like B&H ship there or are there better,closer options?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Oct 11, 2003
Barbara, good morning. Our good friend Susan Stewart, who I believe is still traveling, has shared some of her camera buying experiences here earlier this year. My recollection is that she bought in Australia, in order to get the right warranty – an important consideration. I’ll see if I can find her thread on that subject.

Chuck
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 11, 2003
Thanks, Chuck. I tried searching for that thread, but couldn’t find it. I’ll keep looking, too.
MR
Mark_Reibman
Oct 11, 2003
Barbara,

I recommend that you or your friend also post the question on dpreview. Plenty of Aussies frequent the forums there.

Chuck is correct about Susan’s camera purchase. She bought it in Australia so she’d have the local warranty.
BM
Brett_Matthews
Oct 13, 2003
Barbara,

If your friend lives in or near Sydney, I suggest that he head into George Street (the main retail strip). There are four or five large camera retailers on one block, who are willing to negotiate prices. I can’t help with any of the other major cities.

For online purchases I recommend Harris Technology www.ht.com.au. They are owned by Australia’s largest retailer and provide excellent service.

Brett.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 13, 2003
Thanks, Brett.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections