Ugly dk. pink color for white in PS 7

JC
Posted By
Jerry Cargile
Mar 23, 2009
Views
673
Replies
6
Status
Closed
Hi,

I just installed a different motherboard and after reinstalling Photoshop 7 I open a new canvas and instead of being white like I checked, it’s a dark pinish color. I have tried to change the color settings and all that I’ve tried has not changed this substitution for white. Also, in the swatches menu, about 90% of them are this same ugly pink color.

I have also reinstalled Photoshop several times, although I didn’t delete the old one that was still on the drive it was on before I changed motherboards.

I would appreciate any help that I can get in solving this problem.

Thanks,

Jerry

Powered by Creative Market

D
D-Mac
Mar 23, 2009
Jerry Cargile wrote:
Hi,

I just installed a different motherboard and after reinstalling Photoshop 7 I open a new canvas and instead of being white like I checked, it’s a dark pinish color. I have tried to change the color settings and all that I’ve tried has not changed this substitution for white. Also, in the swatches menu, about 90% of them are this same ugly pink color.

I have also reinstalled Photoshop several times, although I didn’t delete the old one that was still on the drive it was on before I changed motherboards.

I would appreciate any help that I can get in solving this problem.
Thanks,

Jerry
..

If you didn’t know how to set your PC up after installing a "different" motherboard, why on earth did you do it?

It goes like this… Peanuts in monkey shit out. Learn about how a motherboard works and and why it needs "drivers" to drive things like graphics engines and then either take it to a technician and pay to have it fixed or format your hard drive and start all over again.
MR
Mike Russell
Mar 23, 2009
On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 21:54:10 -0500, Jerry Cargile wrote:

just installed a different motherboard and after reinstalling Photoshop 7 I open a new canvas and instead of being white

See if this helps:
http://forums.techguy.org/digital-photography-imaging/558576 -photoshop-white-not-white.html http://tinyurl.com/ctwjvb

Mike Russell – http://www.curvemeister.com
JC
Jerry Cargile
Mar 23, 2009
<snip>

D-Mac wrote:

If you didn’t know how to set your PC up after installing a "different" motherboard, why on earth did you do it?

It goes like this… Peanuts in monkey shit out. Learn about how a motherboard works and and why it needs "drivers" to drive things like graphics engines and then either take it to a technician and pay to have it fixed or format your hard drive and start all over again.

Peanuts,

What kind of advice is that!!!

You are probably the new smartass of this group, but I can’t understand why you even answered my post unless it was just to troll….I suspect that I’ve hit the nail on the head.

Jerry
JC
Jerry Cargile
Mar 23, 2009
Mike Russell wrote:
On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 21:54:10 -0500, Jerry Cargile wrote:
just installed a different motherboard and after reinstalling Photoshop 7 I open a new canvas and instead of being white

See if this helps:
http://forums.techguy.org/digital-photography-imaging/558576 -photoshop-white-not-white.html http://tinyurl.com/ctwjvb

Thanks for the links for help, Mike. I saw some others there that were experiencing similar problems and solved them by doing the following:

"A lot of Photoshop problems can be fixed by dumping the preferences file: While launching Photoshop, Hold down Alt+Ctrl+shift on the PC or Cmd+Option+Shift on the mac. When asked to reset the preferences say yes."

I finally solved my problem by going to the display settings of the graphics card and deleting the monitor setting ind the color management tab and selecting the adobe setting.

I do appreciate your answer and help, Mike…thank you very much.

Jerry
MR
Mike Russell
Mar 23, 2009
On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 03:19:01 -0500, Jerry Cargile wrote:

I finally solved my problem by going to the display settings of the graphics card and deleting the monitor setting ind the color management tab and selecting the adobe setting.

Sounds like a possible problem with the monitor profile from the manufacturer. You may want to simply get some work done now that your monitor is set up reasonably well.

FWIW, here are a couple of thoughts for further improvement. If you selected Adobe RGB as your monitor profile, I’d recommend that you instead use sRGB. If your monitor has an sRGB setting, use it.

I would also try to look for a newer profile from the monitor manufacturer, as they may have responded by now to others having problems with the shipped profile.

A display calibration device can provide a good monitor profile, however the cost is significant, and may not be justified for a single monitor setup.

I do appreciate your answer and help, Mike…thank you very much.

You’re more than welcome.

Mike Russell – http://www.curvemeister.com
JC
Jerry Cargile
Mar 23, 2009
Thanks again for some more good advice, Mike.

Jerry


Mike Russell wrote:
On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 03:19:01 -0500, Jerry Cargile wrote:
I finally solved my problem by going to the display settings of the graphics card and deleting the monitor setting ind the color management tab and selecting the adobe setting.

Sounds like a possible problem with the monitor profile from the manufacturer. You may want to simply get some work done now that your monitor is set up reasonably well.

FWIW, here are a couple of thoughts for further improvement. If you selected Adobe RGB as your monitor profile, I’d recommend that you instead use sRGB. If your monitor has an sRGB setting, use it.

I would also try to look for a newer profile from the monitor manufacturer, as they may have responded by now to others having problems with the shipped profile.

A display calibration device can provide a good monitor profile, however the cost is significant, and may not be justified for a single monitor setup.

I do appreciate your answer and help, Mike…thank you very much.

You’re more than welcome.

Powered by Creative Market

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections