Posted By
carl_q_angel
Apr 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Dear experts,

I have a dual 1 Ghtz G4 processor, I’m on OS 10.3.3 and I’m using an apple 17" studio display, and I was wondering if there were any monitor calibration tips you guys might have to make sure it works with Photoshop 7. I’d heard that because I have an LCD, there wasn’t much I could do because the calibration options aren’t as flexible as those of a CRT monitor. I went to "Displays" in the System Preferences panel, proceeded to go through the calibration procedure, and as I was going through it, wound up choosing the default settings that the computer suggested, and after I completed the procedure and saved the setting as "Apple Studio display Calibrated", my monitor wound up a little bit brighter. Was that a good thing or should I revert back to the "Apple Studio display" setting that I started off from? Any other ideas? I’d also heard that Adobe Gamma and the Colorsync calibrator aren’t suited to LCDs. If so, how do you visually calibrate Photoshop 7 to work with the monitor?

Thanks,

Carl Angel

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

C
CygnusX1
Apr 20, 2004
victor maldonado "OT: Monitor Calibration, Pantone Spider & Cinema Display" 4/19/04 8:29pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/14>

this is a thread that may help.
I’ve also found that Apple’s default settings are pretty good out of the box. When calibarting you ought to set your white point to D65 (I know the 20" &23" default to that).

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections