Re: LCD Monitor Calibration for Photos (Photoshop)?

P
Posted By
Pood
Dec 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 23:53:11 +0100, Hecate wrote:

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 20:37:07 GMT, "Stephan"
wrote:

"Hecate" wrote in message
On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 16:52:45 -0400, "Markyt"
wrote:

snip<
LCD screens are
delicate and standard calibration tools which use rubber suckers to sit on the screen will damage the screen.

Can’t you lay the monitor flat and lay the tool on it?
No, because the rubber suckers need to be attached to the screen to pull the device onto the screen surface. That’s why there are some special versions which, essentially use gravity. And for which, of course, you pay even more money.

Hecate

veni, vidi, relinqui

Really? The Pantone ColorVision Spyder (PhotoCal, OptiCal S/W) has a puck that comes with both suction cup and a little rubber foor designed for LCD use – a counterweight (provided) allows the pickup sensor to be suspended at the point where the target is displayed. It’s not an added expense, just comes with the unit if you need to use it with LCDs. With PhotoCal, the system runs about $150 and with OptiCal about $225 last time I checked (at Fry’s). Seemed to work just fine on my ViewSonic VX2000 20" LCD.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

H
Hecate
Dec 14, 2003
On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 20:59:39 GMT, Pood wrote:

Can’t you lay the monitor flat and lay the tool on it?
No, because the rubber suckers need to be attached to the screen to pull the device onto the screen surface. That’s why there are some special versions which, essentially use gravity. And for which, of course, you pay even more money.

Hecate

veni, vidi, relinqui

Really? The Pantone ColorVision Spyder (PhotoCal, OptiCal S/W) has a puck that comes with both suction cup and a little rubber foor designed for LCD use – a counterweight (provided) allows the pickup sensor to be suspended at the point where the target is displayed. It’s not an added expense, just comes with the unit if you need to use it with LCDs. With PhotoCal, the system runs about $150 and with OptiCal about $225 last time I checked (at Fry’s). Seemed to work just fine on my ViewSonic VX2000 20" LCD.

They’ve obviously started supplying it as standard rather than as an option. You are., of course, replying to a post that was made nearly four months ago.

Hecate

veni, vidi, relinqui

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections