FA
Posted By
Fred Atkin
Jul 14, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How does one calibrate an LCD monitor? Are there any differences from calibrating the standard CRT monitors?
I have a new computer system consisting of:

19" Sceptre LCD
Sony RX760 Computer – Windows xp
Epson Photo 1200 Printer
Epson 1200S Scanner
Epson 850Z 2.1 Megapixel Camera

Digital photos that are dark on my LCD monitor are light and washed out from my printer. I would really appreciate help to resolve this horrible problem.

Fred Atkin

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
BobHill
Jul 14, 2003
Fred,

There are no calibrators for Plasma or LCD monitors as yet due to the variables involved. Having said that, the standard settings usually are found to be pretty well coordinated with PhotoShop and Elements, at least for most of the current makes of screens.

Bob
LK
Leen Koper
Jul 14, 2003
In my studio I do have a Colorvison calibrator with sucking cups for a CRT monitor. With it came a device to hang the "eye" in front of a LCD monitor to take the readings from the screen.

This calibration system does a wonderful job, but it is rather expensive. If I remember well, about US$ 500

If you might need a link, I will do a google search.

Leen
BB
brent bertram
Jul 14, 2003
Fred,
See post #4 of this link, <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?128@@.1de9df25> . Ian Lyons has evaluated several packages on his website, and apparently thinks the Gretag one is the tops for the money.

🙂

Brent
FA
Fred Atkin
Jul 15, 2003
Thanx everyone for your helpful insights. I am seriously considering following Ian Lyons advice and purchasing the GretagMacbeth i1 Display for $249.

Fred

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections