P
Posted By
Phosphor
Sep 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have several photos that were date stamped by the camera, and I would like to delete the date from the picture. I can select it with the magic lasso tool, but then I don’t know how to delete it and fill in with the background. I’m really new to this application, so there might be some simple answer. I hope so! Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

PD
Pete D
Sep 29, 2003
Rebekah

If the date is the size and texture of the date my cameras put on there in most cases the simplest method is to "Clone" over the date.

Just select the clone tool a size about the same as the date. Hold the alt key and click just above or below the leftmost part of the date, let go with the click, the click at the left part of the date and drag to the right. With a little practice you will cover the date and never see that an alteration has been done.

PeteD
BG
Byron Gale
Sep 29, 2003
Rebekah,

Pete’s methods are good suggestions!

Don’t forget that, depending on composition, you may be able to crop the photo to eliminate the stamp.

The problem with the date stamps is that they are mostly positioned in one of the lower corners, where you will typically have detail in your image. Once you lasso and delete the date, you’re left with a date-shaped hole to fill… much easier if it’s a hole in the sky or a solid color, instead of something with detail.

My solution is to leave my camera’s date/time stamp option turned off. 🙂

Byron

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections