LF
Posted By
Larry from Los Angeles
Feb 25, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a jpg image of a sign, that is a half-moon on top and straight across the bottom and both sides. I need to elimate the entire area outside of the gold border, so that when I place this jpg image onto either the white backgrounded body area or pink backgrounded left panel area of the web pages, just the jpg image shows.

The file has to remain as a jpg file.

I am using an older Photoshop, Version 7.0.

The jpg image and how it is placed in two (2) different positions on the web page can be seen at the following web site:
http://ukraine.binenbaum.googlepages.com/

I can be contacted directly at

I want to thank you in advance for any help that you can give to me.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Feb 25, 2008
"Larry from Los Angeles" wrote in message
I have a jpg image of a sign, that is a half-moon on top and straight across the bottom and both sides. I need to elimate the entire area outside of the gold border, so that when I place this jpg image onto either the white backgrounded body area or pink backgrounded left panel area of the web pages, just the jpg image shows.

I am using an older Photoshop, Version 7.0.

The jpg image and how it is placed in two (2) different positions on the web page can be seen at the following web site:
http://ukraine.binenbaum.googlepages.com/

I can be contacted directly at

I want to thank you in advance for any help that you can give to me.

"The file has to remain as a jpg file".

Well you are screwed then as far as transparency goes, JPG doesn’t support it.
You would need to save it as PNG or GIF.
The easiest way to do it would be to use the Magic wand set to a tolerenance of 20 say and click on the area to be removed/recoloured. You should be able to get the hex values for the pink from the webpage. Input this number into the colour palette and either use the Paint Bucket tool (G on KB)or a paintbrush.(B on KB)
TWK

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections