AM
Posted By
Allen_Matsumoto
Apr 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was delighted to see that Photoshop CS had this feature, which was just in time to save me a lot of tedious work exporting graphical text buttons, which I have in a file with one per layer.

However, there appear to be two ways of doing this, neither of which really seem to work.

1 – ImageReady CS has a File > Export > Layers as Files command, but when I use it, it creates a file for each layer, named per the layer names (so far, so good…), but each file contains the identical image – all of my text layers stacked together into an unreadable mush. (To see what I mean, create a file with a white background, and a few text layers. Turn all the layers on. Each exported file is identical, and looks like this.

2 – Photoshop CS has a new File >Scripts > Export Layers to Files script, but it has at least two major shortcomings. First, it does not export to GIF, and second, it is so slow as to be nearly useless. My file has 54 layers, one for each button in each state. Because the script methodically saves a copy of the file, then deletes all but one layer, then saves it, and does this fairly slowly, it looks like it would take nearly an hour for the script to execute.

I’ve looked and looked at the ImageReady dialog, and can’t find any setting to make this do what you would expect. The way it works now has no imaginable value to anyone though, so something is up.

Anyone?

Thanks,

Allen

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections