ML
Posted By
Mary Leek
Sep 25, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In PS Elements 2, how would I add some space to the lower edge of a photo, in order to add a permanent caption to the photo?

Thank you,

Mary

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BG
Byron Gale
Sep 25, 2003
Mary,

Image->Resize->Canvas Size

Enter a new height value, as desired. Click the top center anchor arrow so that the new canvas will be added to the bottom, and centered.

When you click OK, the new space will be added, filled with your background color.

Byron
BG
Byron Gale
Sep 25, 2003
Beth,

I agree, completely! 😉

Byron
P
Phosphor
Sep 25, 2003
You can do that through Image>Resize>Canvas Size. Size your photo, and then expand the canvas size enough to give you room for the caption. There’s also a place in that resize window that lets you choose the portion of the canvas in which you want your photo "anchored." It defaults to centering the image on the enlarged canvas, so you’ll want to change that to the "top center" if you want the caption underneath. It’s hard to explain but will be pretty obvious once you look at it.
P
Phosphor
Sep 25, 2003
Yeh, me too! We must have been typing at the same time, huh, and I’m just faster on the Post button? 🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections