RG
Posted By
Rhys_Gwyn_Jones
May 3, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve just got back from holiday with 200+ photos on my digital camera, at 6million pixels each they’re too large for my wespace.

So I need to minimize the resulotion for each single picture.

My question is what is the best/most efficient method of doing this?

It could take hours opening and closing each picture in Photoshop or am I missing a feature that will aid this?

Many thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
BobLevine
May 3, 2005
Run an action on the first one and record it. Then simply batch process the rest.

Bob
RG
Rhys_Gwyn_Jones
May 3, 2005
ah i see, so an action is like recording a macro?

i’m new to photoshop you see, is it easy to set up?
PH
Photo_Help
May 3, 2005
is it easy to set up?

Like you said it is just a macro. Record your action and batch process.

The first time you do it make sure it is on a test folder. Overwriting your originals while learning would not be good.
LM
Lynch_Mike
May 4, 2005
I never overwrite my originals.
-Mike
C
chrisjbirchall
May 4, 2005
is it easy to set up?

There are loads of tutorials (try Googling). A good place to start however is in the Photoshop Help files. You’ll find all the basics here.

Best of luck with it.

Chris.
PH
Photo_Help
May 4, 2005
Mike,

My point exactly. Like I said many people accidentally overwrite their originals while learning though. Best to use test files while learning just to be on the safe side. I am not going to tell someone it is easy and then have them come back and blame me for loosing all their files 🙂

Photo Help is not responsible for any problems that could occur as a result of reading this post.
C
chrisjbirchall
May 4, 2005
Photo Help is not responsible for any problems that could occur as a result of reading this post.

Is this a sign of the times? I know we are in a "Sue and be damned" society and all that, but hell! (moreso in the States perhaps, but it’s creeping in over here in the UK too).

I don’t really think anyone would have a case for problems caused by following freely given advice. If I told someone "go Sc**w yourself" I wouldn’t expect to be sued for damages or hospital fees if they actually managed to do it!! <grin>

I’m sure it is understood that the advice given on these forums by the more experienced contributers, such as Photo Help, as well as the less experienced, is just that – friendly advice. Sometimes it is largely based on opinion.

It is up to the reader to take the normal precaution of backing up important work and not working on originals.
PH
Photo_Help
May 4, 2005
Chris,

Obviously I was just kidding at the end of post 6 🙂

In post 3 I just wanted Rhys to be aware of the risks. When learning anything new it is easy to overlook settings. Unfortunately missing some settings on a batch run could do some real damage if the proper precautions are not taken. As Mike said originals should never be overwritten on a batch job.

Just because there is no way we would be responsible for something going wrong I would still feel bad that the person lost their files because they were not aware that it could happen.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections