Edit Operation on Multiple Images (Possible?)

DS
Posted By
Doug_Silver
Jun 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am a real newcomer to digital photography and even newer to Elements (just started using the program). So excuse my ignorance but I was wondering if it was possible to do the same operation (e.g., resize image to 800 x 600) on several photos at once. Or is it necessary to do this one image at at time? Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth_Haney
Jun 1, 2004
Edit>Batch Processing. But do a sample run first, because I think you want to uncheck the "Constrain Proportions" box. I seem to remember that causes resampling, which isn’t always a good thing.

If you’re really new to this, you might want to do some research on resizing using resolution manipulation before you convert many of your image files. And, for now, until you feel very comfortable with the program and digital editing, make sure you keep all of the original camera images archived somewhere. If you’re like the rest of us, the day will come when you become more adept at using PSE and want to go back and rework some of the first pictures you worked on.
DS
Doug_Silver
Jun 1, 2004
Thanks. Actually I will be using digital photos for business and pleasure. My resizing needs will be almost strictly for business as the photos will be used in a report and I want to keep the overall report size down to a manageable size that can be emailed. In that case, I want to insert photos into a Microsoft Word report and for that use, I am resizing (resampling) to 800 x 600 and putting 2 photos on an 8.5" x 11" page (the resulting resized photos are about 80k or 90k in size versus the original size of 1mb or more per photo). The report will mostly be viewed on a computer monitor or possibly printed out. However, there will never be a need for the photos to be larger than about 4×6, and the photo pages I have printed from the Word document look just fine.

Of course for my personal use, I am probably not interested in resizing as I may want to print large size photos.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections