K
Posted By
kcjford
Sep 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to edit text on a PSD file created in Photoshop. However, after selecting the layter the text is on I am unable to edit the text. I tried double clicking and using the Text Tool to select but Photoshop Elements doesn’t see the text. The layer doesn’t see to be locked.

Any Ideas?

Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

P
Phosphor
Sep 16, 2003
Which version of Elements are you using? And which version of Photoshop was the file created on? Could this be a backwards compatibility issue?
K
kcjford
Sep 16, 2003
I am using Elements 2.0, I don’t know what version of Photoshop the image was created in, what version of Photoshop would Elements 2.0 be compatible with?

Thanks Again.
P
Phosphor
Sep 16, 2003
Hmmm, it seems my first thought is wrong. Elements 2.0 is based on the Photoshop 7.0 engine, and the newer versions are normally able to open older ones. It’s when you go the other way that problems some times crop up. I’m not a user of full PS, but I do know there are features available in it that are not available in Elements. A simple text layer shouldn’t be a problem, but I suppose if the person who created the image in PS used any kind of effect on that layer that isn’t available in Elements it would render it unrecognizable.

Hopefully one of our forum regulars who’s had experience with both will be along in a little while. I’m sorry it wasn’t as "simple" as I thought.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections