KK
Posted By
Kevin Kendal
Sep 5, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve just bought Elements 2.0, it installed fine, but I can’t get it to load or run, when it starts to load up I get a Blue Screen with the following error message:-

A Fatal Exception OE has occurred at 0028C02A20CC in VXD VWIN32 (05) +00000BF4. The current application will be terminated.

I am running Win 98SE 248Mb of Ram and a 20Gb Hard Drive, also have Norton System Works, Norotn Internet Security & AutoCAD 2000Lti installed. Anybody else experienced this problem and if so do you know what the solution is?

Cheers.

Kev.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CS
Chuck Snyder
Sep 5, 2003
Kevin, you said the magic word: Norton. Many installers of PE have had trouble when installing with Norton stuff running. You might want to try disconnecting from the ‘Net, turning off Norton Internet Security and NAV and give it another go. Once it’s installed, you can restart Norton without any trouble. I have NAV and NIS running with PE 2 – they get along fine after installation.

Chuck
KK
Kevin Kendal
Sep 6, 2003
Hi Chuck, Thanks for that, I’ll give it a go, hopefully it will resolve the issue. Cheers! Kev.
KK
Kevin Kendal
Sep 7, 2003
Hi Chuck, I tried uninstalling PE 2.0 and then reinstalling with Norton disabled, all installed fine and for about half an hour I could actually use the program. Only problem is that I started up my machine today, tried to load PE and now have the same problem again. Is it worth uninstalling the Norton software completely if this is the cause of the problem? And if so, what Security packages does PE work with without problems? Cheers. Kev.
CS
Chuck Snyder
Sep 7, 2003
Kev, I’m really sorry to hear you’re still having that problem, even after an apparently successful install. I believe several of the folks here have used McAfee anti-virus products successfully; hopefully they’ll chime in with their experiences…

Chuck
NS
Nancy S
Sep 8, 2003
Kev,

I also have NAV and NPF and haven’t had a conflict with PSE. I wonder if it might be a specific version of these programs which fight. Prior to install, I told the two Nortons not to load at startup, I rebooted, installed, reinstated the Nortons to load next time and rebooted once again. They are always running as I use PSE, I don’t bother to disable them, but perhaps having a lot of RAM (1gig) accommodates all of them. The Nortons are version 2003.

Have you tried deleting the preferences folder for PSE? It is worth a shot. An unistall does not erase it. Hold down the shift/alt/ctrl keys immediately after you launch PSE, answer yes to the dialog box and let it load.

When you get it running again, go to preferences and tell it to NEVER check for updates on the net, can cause problems and there aren’t any anyway.

Keep us posted on your success.

Nancy

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections