M
Posted By
Mellbin
May 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using PS 7.01 and have a serious problem with my Brush palette not loading – so I cannot change my current brush set.

I can load PS normally, and I can see and use the active palette. But if I try to access the options menu with all the other brushes PS does not respond. I am left stuck with the original brush set.

One work-around is leaving PS – deleting lots of brushes – and only reloading the original presets and a few "active"brushes.

I use lots of brush sets (>100) – so this is driving me crazy. I could understand if I had reached some kind of limit – but I HAD >130 fully brushes before with a functional and working brush palete. Until one day – suddenly there were problems.

Have tried many things – including reinstalling them all by loading and saving each brush one-by-one (try it with just one and you can imagine the pain, when it didnt work out…).

Would be very happy for any possible help.

Thank you.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CC
Chris_Cox
May 21, 2004
Windows 98/ME/SE ?

Remove some of the brush preset files from the presets folder – you’re hitting a limit on the length of menus in Win9X.

Unfortunately, Microsoft didn’t document the limit, and it doesn’t seem to be a fixed limit.
M
Mellbin
May 21, 2004
Thank you for your reply. I am using Win98SE and will begin by trying to experiment with different screen settings (my present menu almost fills the screen – so it could be the "answer").

Next step may be renaming the files (to make them shorter).

Will follow up with a post on the outcome…
M
Mellbin
May 21, 2004
It did the trick! Renamed my menues, and have >150 brushes ready for take off. Thanks a lot.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections