MA
Posted By
mrrp.allen
Sep 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone recommend some technique/tools for cleaning up accidental double exposures? I think the same techniques might work for removing stains on photos ,also.Thank you!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CS
Chuck Snyder
Sep 1, 2003
Randy, wow! I haven’t encountered a double exposure in a long time – ever since they made it nearly impossible to do with automatic cameras. I’m guessing you’re working with a scanned image from a film camera.

About the only tool I can think of to help with that situation is the Clone (or Stamp) tool, which can rebuild parts of the image by using copying/repainting from the ‘good’ parts. And yes, it works very well on stains.

Perhaps others will have suggestions, but you’ve got a real challenge there…

Chuck
MA
mrrp.allen
Sep 4, 2003
Thanks for the reply, Chuck. It IS a real challenge cleaning up. I used an Olympus XA2 at a Steely Dan show and only took one shot before it got confiscated (’till after the show). It’s just a shot of my wife and friends, but this double exposure could take daysto fix.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections