Ray
Aug 17, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi group!

A few things I just discovered :

– Double click on the empty document space, this will bring the Open dialog – Control + Double click on the empty document space will bring you the New document dialog box
– Alt + Double click brings the Open As… dialog
– Shift + Double click brings up the File Browser

Finally…
– F5 brings the file browser
– F6 = How To palette
– F7 = Filters palette
– F8 = Effects
– F9 = Layer Styles
– F10 = Undo History palette
– F11 = Layers palette
– F12 = Hints

Oh and there’s also these two, but they were discussed a few weeks ago : – Tab makes everything disapear except the document itself and the menu bar (except the File Browser)
– Shift-Tab makes the opened palettes disapear (except the File Browser)

Ray

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ray
Aug 17, 2003
One more before I get my first coffee…

The color picker tool’s option :

When you make this tool active, look at the option bar : you’ll find only one option, but a very valuable one. You can select between a 1, 3 or 5 pixels area for sampling! Very handy to get an average color for something like skies, snow, etc.

Ray
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 17, 2003
Can we post yet ? :ooh:
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 17, 2003
I guess at the moment i can…miss you guys ! 😉
J
JuergenDirrigl
Aug 17, 2003
Yes we can.. 😉

Ray, thanks for the tips. Now, if I only could remember them when I need them!

Juergen
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 17, 2003
😀 Hi Juggen :Þ
R
Ray
Aug 17, 2003
Juergen,

I have kept my shortcuts quickcards just beside my screen. The first thing I do when I work with any applications is to get these out. But I’ve discovered that you have to have the need for them. Some shortcuts, no matter how handy they are, never find their way into my memory because, frankly, for some actions I plainly prefer using the mouse!

Ray
R
Ray
Aug 17, 2003
Jodi (and others) : here’s how those smileys appear within a newsreader :

: pbpt : Ray, these little smilies are cute…so are you !

Needless to say, I don’t have a clue to what pbpt means. But I assume you meant well, so thanks 🙂

I’ll see if I can convert these post to HTML… Otherwise, I’m stuck :meaningless: and :annoying: tags 🙂

X-Ray
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 17, 2003
Oh, Sorry Ray ;(

Most of you are doing the newsreader thing so i guess it will be no fun to post smilies ;(
R
Ray
Aug 17, 2003
Oh, I’ll adjust. Just don’t expect thos elaborate smileys from my end ! 🙂
J
JuergenDirrigl
Aug 17, 2003
Hi Jodi 🙂
R
Ray
Aug 17, 2003
Thanks Chuck,

I already have PS7 (and its Quick Card). Thought I posted some shortcuts this morning because sometimes, a small refresher can do no harm 🙂

Ray
P.S. Quick Card… 6 pages! Quick isn’t what it used to be.. 😉
CS
Chuck Snyder
Aug 17, 2003
Ray, I know – I do too. But I like the digital retouch list better; check out how well it’s organized.

Chuck
R
Ray
Aug 17, 2003
Already done 🙂
S
Stanley
Aug 17, 2003
Ray…or anyone.

Any idea as to where can I find a list of **ALL** the short cut keys available in elements? Some of the short cuts you list are not in the Elements manual that came with my copy of the program.

Right now I have a hand written list that I have assembled from various places. It would be nice to have a complete list

Stan

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 04:50:13 -0700, "Ray"
wrote:

A few things I just discovered :

– Double click on the empty document space, this will bring the Open dialog – Control + Double click on the empty document space will bring you the New document dialog box
– Alt + Double click brings the Open As… dialog
– Shift + Double click brings up the File Browser

Finally…
– F5 brings the file browser
– F6 = How To palette
– F7 = Filters palette
– F8 = Effects
– F9 = Layer Styles
– F10 = Undo History palette
– F11 = Layers palette
– F12 = Hints

Oh and there’s also these two, but they were discussed a few weeks ago : – Tab makes everything disapear except the document itself and the menu bar (except the File Browser)
– Shift-Tab makes the opened palettes disapear (except the File Browser)

Ray
P
Phosphor
Aug 17, 2003
They’d love it, Jodi! As would a couple of your other admirers. 🙂 (I think I’m done playing with these emoticons now – takes too long to make a decision!)
SN
Scott Nelson
Aug 17, 2003
I too prefer Outlook but have o figured out how to post from Outlook. Have you?
Scott
DH
Dave Hamer
Aug 17, 2003
Jodi

I am using a news reader and the smileys appear fine on my screen.

Dave
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 17, 2003
Dave, ok good. I know these smilies are totally juvenile but Oh well i still think they are cute.
R
Ray
Aug 17, 2003
Dave, what software do you use ?
VB
Vicky Bilaniuk
Aug 17, 2003
Speaking of smileys, am I the only one in the dark about the stuff that’s appearing surrounded by colons? Just wondering. I keep seeing things like 😉 and :smile:. I’m just wondering if that’s a new fad, if it’s a result of webx, or if I somehow messed up my software (I doubt that I messed up my software, but what the heck, you never know).
VB
Vicky Bilaniuk
Aug 17, 2003
Jodi, I use smileys all the time, but I type them in. 🙂
R
Ray
Aug 17, 2003
Nope, that’s the translation for what can be seen as graphic (emoticons) on Adobe Forums as a result of their maintenance of the weekend. :pbpt:, :nothingness:, :annoying: and alike are all part of what people are seeing as smiley faces 🙂

Ray
DH
Dave Hamer
Aug 18, 2003
Ray

I am using Netscape 7.1 with their reader.

Dave
R
Ray
Aug 18, 2003
Dave, thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections