EA
Posted By
Eli Aran
Sep 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to try to add light and shade to areas around oil paint to make them seem three dimensional.
I want a photograph to become an oil painting but I only succeeded to make it look like a "flat" water color.
so I want the colors to have a body. I want them to stick out thanks to light and shade and look like a real brush pushed them and spread the paint on the canvas.
I want to transform a picture to look like a real "thick-textured" oil painting, and eventually enlarge the end-result and frame it on my wall.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EA
Eli Aran
Sep 15, 2004
any tips ideas and suggestions warmly welcome for me – the beginner.

"Eli Aran" wrote in message
I want to try to add light and shade to areas around oil paint to make
them
seem three dimensional.
I want a photograph to become an oil painting but I only succeeded to make it look like a "flat" water color.
so I want the colors to have a body. I want them to stick out thanks to light and shade and look like a real brush pushed them and spread the
paint
on the canvas.
I want to transform a picture to look like a real "thick-textured" oil painting, and eventually enlarge the end-result and frame it on my wall.
C
Corey
Sep 16, 2004
You might try playing with some of the Filters Photoshop has to offer. To get it to look like a painting, I would try some of these filters:
a.. Artistic > Dry Brush
b.. Artistic > Paint Daubs
c.. Artistic > Palette Knife
You may also use this filter on a copy of the photo:
a.. Stylize > Find Edges
and then adjust the layer opacity or play with the Blending Options of this layer so the one below shows through.

Once you get some good "brush" effects with the above filters, you can add texture and lighting angles by using this filter:
a.. Render > Lighting Effects
To get texture, just choose a texture channel, most likely Red, Green, or Blue, and adjust the number of pixels for how "high" or "mountainous" you want the texture to be.

You may not get exactly what you’re looking for, but I bet you will come up with something really cool and have fun doing it!

Corey 🙂

"Eli Aran" wrote in message
I want to try to add light and shade to areas around oil paint to make them seem three dimensional.
so I want the colors to have a body. I want them to stick out thanks to light and shade and look like a real brush pushed them and spread the paint on the canvas.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections