Posted By
Balwiles
Sep 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
HI,

I was interested in reducing a color (in this case C-40, M-100, Y-60, K-65) to a ligther shade within the same range so they could be placed together in a piece?
I wasn’t sure if the best way is to reduce the lightness and determine the new values this way or not?

Thanks,

Scott

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

C
Clyde
Sep 25, 2004
Scott W. wrote:
HI,

I was interested in reducing a color (in this case C-40, M-100, Y-60, K-65) to a ligther shade within the same range so they could be placed together in a piece?
I wasn’t sure if the best way is to reduce the lightness and determine the new values this way or not?

Thanks,

Scott

When you click on the color box to bring up the Color Picker, you should notice several (4) different ways of defining that color. Usually you are looking at RGB. (CMYK in your case.) However the upper right 3 numbers show that color in LAB. The "L" of that mean "Lightness". Simple increase that number. The hue will stay the same while it gets lighter.

Clyde
BW
Bob Williams
Sep 27, 2004
Scott W. wrote:
HI,

Thanks,

Scott

Change the opacity from 100% to some smaller value.
Bob Williams
NE
no_email
Sep 27, 2004
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 01:03:42 -0700, Bob Williams
wrote:

Scott W. wrote:
HI,

Thanks,

Scott

Change the opacity from 100% to some smaller value.
Bob Williams
That is dependent upon the bg color
O
Odysseus
Sep 28, 2004
In article ,
(Scott W.) wrote:

Beside the suggestions others have made, another option is to put the coloured area on its own layer and use Curves to screen it back (make a Curves Adjustment Layer linked to the object’s layer to retain maximum editability). If working in CMYK, just drag the dark endpoint of the CMYK curve downward so it remains a straight line; if the endpoint is at 50%, for example, all the colour components in the affected layer(s) will be reduced to half their original values.

Odysseus

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections