LN
Posted By
Lynne_Northwood
Oct 6, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m running CS3 on Mac OS 10.4.11. Recently all my retouching tool’s cursors have a semi-transparent grey square block behind the circle of the tool making it hard to use.

There was a previous post in which the problem was resolved by changing monitor profile from ColourEyes (calibration software setting) back to original. I’ve done that, thrown out my preferences, re-installed, but it is still happening. I can’t perform a screenshot since when I press command (for command+shift+3/4) my tool cursor disappears.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 6, 2008
Try this:

Create a New User account; then open Photoshop from within the New user’s account and see if that fixes it.
LN
Lynne_Northwood
Oct 7, 2008
Thanks but I think I fixed it (for now)…. I needed to not just "re-install" Photoshop, but "de-install" and then install it again. That seems to have fixed the bug. But if it appears again, I will try this. Have you heard this has worked before for this particular problem?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 7, 2008
Lynne:

The "New User" trick is just a way to check if a problem is due to corruption in a particular Account or if it is System-wide.

But I’m glad that you fixed the problem anyway.
B
Buko
Oct 7, 2008
Have you heard this has worked before for this particular problem?

never heard of the problem

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections