N
Posted By
nalatalb
Sep 2, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am planning to buy a new laptop running Vista and install Cs3 on it. I have Cs2 installed on my PC running Cs2 in Windows XP Professional. If I enter the CS2 serial number on the laptop and insert the Cs3 CD in the laptop will CS3 install on the laptop?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

S
SpaceGirl
Sep 2, 2007
talbnesor wrote:
I am planning to buy a new laptop running Vista and install Cs3 on it. I have Cs2 installed on my PC running Cs2 in Windows XP Professional. If I enter the CS2 serial number on the laptop and insert the Cs3 CD in the laptop will CS3 install on the laptop?

It should install. But serious, do NOT get a laptop with Vista on it. Get one with XP, or buy an Apple.

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

http://www.northleithmill.com

-.-

Kammy has a new home: http://www.bitesizedjapan.com
N
nalatalb
Sep 3, 2007
On Sep 2, 11:42 am, talbnesor wrote:

I have the original Windows XP reinstallation disk and a Wnidows XP Professional installation disk. Ca I install them onthe new laptop?
C
censored
Nov 13, 2007
Yes, you can, but you have to blow away Vista first. You can upgrade from XP to Vista but it’s not backward compatible.

One option is depending on the hard drive space you have, you can set up XP on it’s own partition. It’s not as simple to do as it’s been with past Microsoft OS’s, but very doable. I have this configuration after discovering some broadcast software I use isn’t compatible with Vista.

There are a couple different boot managers out there that work well. I’d stay away from Vista BootPro, though… it doesn’t work as advertised for hardly anyone, so I suggest the utility Easy BCD 1.7.

Be sure you have a list of, (and files), the XP drivers you’ll need for your laptop. Sometimes this is the hardest item to cover because not all laptops are made with XP as an option. In some cases, there aren’t even drivers made for your hardware for XP.

If possible for you to do, take Spacegirl’s advise and get a Mac. Then write back to me here and let me know how great it works so I can at least vicariously actually get something done… 😀

Best of luck.

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 07:39:12 -0700, talbnesor
wrote:

I have the original Windows XP reinstallation disk and a Wnidows XP Professional installation disk. Ca I install them onthe new laptop?
TW
Tom Wylde
Nov 13, 2007
Yes, you can, but you have to blow away Vista first. You can upgrade from XP to Vista but it’s not backward compatible.

One option is depending on the hard drive space you have, you can set up XP on it’s own partition. It’s not as simple to do as it’s been with past Microsoft OS’s, but very doable. I have this configuration after discovering some broadcast software I use isn’t compatible with Vista.

There are a couple different boot managers out there that work well. I’d stay away from Vista BootPro, though… it doesn’t work as advertised for hardly anyone, so I suggest the utility Easy BCD 1.7.

Be sure you have a list of, (and files), the XP drivers you’ll need for your laptop. Sometimes this is the hardest item to cover because not all laptops are made with XP as an option. In some cases, there aren’t even drivers made for your hardware for XP.

If possible for you to do, take Spacegirl’s advise and get a Mac. Then write back to me here and let me know how great it works so I can at least vicariously actually get something done… 😀

Best of luck.

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 07:39:12 -0700, talbnesor
wrote:

P
Peter
Nov 17, 2007
"Tom Wylde" wrote in message

One option is depending on the hard drive space you have, you can set up XP on it’s own partition. It’s not as simple to do as it’s been with past Microsoft OS’s, but very doable. I have this configuration after discovering some broadcast software I use isn’t compatible with If possible for you to do, take Spacegirl’s advise and get a Mac. Then write back to me here and let me know how great it works so I can at least vicariously actually get something done… 😀

I have CS3 running on a laptop with XP Pro with only 1 gig of ram. For most functions it is barely OK, but others, such as resizing, running a Gaussian filter, it is painfully slow. Part of the cause is the laptop processor a 2gig, runs at 1.4. The other is the integrated graphics card. I suggest get a laptop with a discreet graphics card and at least 2g of memory.

Just my HO

Peter looking at the Lenovo T61

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections