Z
Posted By
zoozx
Feb 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Have i missed a setting or configuration some place?
Loading the filter gallery is unusable.
35 minutes for film grain?
I know i’m working on large images but this is unusable? Doc 1.2gig

G5 Dual 2.5 gigs ram 75% to ps OS x.3

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

KN
Ken_Nielsen
Feb 16, 2004
Wording on thread title suggests you are using Windows.
Z
zoozx
Feb 16, 2004
LOL,….I get it.
Lately I’m questioning OSX with all the dam glitches.
Beta OS
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Feb 16, 2004
No, I mean clean up your language. This is not the lounge.
BG
barry_gray
Feb 16, 2004
Hoity-Toity! Kenny!
P
progress
Feb 16, 2004
< http://www.effect.net.au/lukastan/humour/Animal/Two-Letters. htm>

dam builders

……….aaaaaaanyway…its slow here, big files really just bog it down opening…i guess its bulding the preview, but by grief its a slow nause…20 mins the other day! CS sp1 or 8.01 needs to have an option to turn it off.
Z
zoozx
Feb 17, 2004
Snot, you must be kidding.
Also slower than S @$* is the Liquify lounge.
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Feb 17, 2004
"@$*"

Ahh, much better.

now what was the question?
B
Buko
Feb 17, 2004
progress that was too dam funny.
C
Cindy
Feb 17, 2004
"Filter Gallery slower than Snot?" doens’t sound like bad language to me. Lighten up please!
RH
r_harvey
Feb 17, 2004
Nobody’s answered the question. At least come up with a fair test envronment for doing the comparison.

Mohammed Ali in his prime was much better than anti-lock brakes.

– Lenny
Z
zoozx
Feb 17, 2004
I don’t have a test but i can tell you this.
Loading a large image 1-4 gigs into the filter gallery or Liquify on the fastest Mac available has taken me as long as an hr when only 1/2 – 2/3 are loaded and this is where I usually quit and avoid adding whatever it is i was going to do, making it unusable.
Another issue I have also noticed is a noticeable slowdown where I have to close the image and restart PS8 to get normal speed back. This is not due to history states saved as it does not happen all of the time in a days session. It acts like a memory leak.
I have seen that when I quit after seeing a image trying to load in the filter gallery or Liquify that it does load faster after the restart. Not much, but some.
Bottom line is this, If your images are in the gigabit size, For me, PS CS 8 is Unusable when it comes to Liquify or Filter gallery.

G5 Dual 2.5 gigs ram 80% to PS OS X.3.2 No other apps running & I have tried other ram settings from 50% – 90% without it fixing the issues.
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Feb 17, 2004
I wonder if "Filter Gallery Slow" would have yielded more responses.
Z
zoozx
Feb 17, 2004
Maybe, but probably not the right ones 🙂

I forgot to mention, I have a separate, designated 110 gig scratch disk, Not on the same disk as the system.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections