BW
Posted By
Bryan Wells
Jul 7, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like to see the dimensions of a layer and/or a crop for an image. If I select a layer, how can I see the layer size? And if I can see the size, can I specify the units? And if I crop an image, how can I see the dimensions of the crop BEFORE I apply the crop? I tried the Info tab, but it only shows the original/image size.

I would like a display like Macromedia Fireworks has. As you drag the handles to resize or crop an image, you see the dimensions of the new image.

thanks
Bryan

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 7, 2003
Bryan, if you do your cropping with the rectangular marquee tool instead of the crop tool, the exact dimensions of the crop in pixels (if that’s your preference as set in Edit>Preferences>Units) will appear on the ‘W-H’ quadrant of the info tab. Then, to complete the crop, you go to Image>Crop. Hope this takes care of it for you.

Also, all layers have the same dimensions – that of the overall image. You can set that to appear on the bottom bar of the display, by checking the right arrow and selecting document dimensions.

Chuck

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections