SA
Posted By
Scott_A
Sep 26, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to build a template for something. I have it laid out the way I want as far as how it should look. Now I want to be able to just batch size images and drop them onto a specific layer within the template. (I hope this is making sense) My question is: How do you know the specific pixel dimensions of a specific layer? Figuring out the entire image size is easy. Image>image size. But say for example, you created an 8×10 image and then you designed and arbitrary sized border around it. Now I want to be able to resize images and just drop them into the frame. How can I figure out what size that is without trying to use the rulers or dropping it in and using the transform tool.

This is probably a very long question for what will be a very easy answer.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Bernie
Sep 26, 2006
Turn the layer into a selection, check the info box
Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 26, 2006
Five years and counting with Photoshop and I never noticed that. Thanks CN!
SA
Scott_A
Sep 26, 2006
same here. I knew there was a simple way. So there really is a use for that info palette.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Sep 27, 2006
The info palette is incredibly useful.
A
avioli
Sep 27, 2006
Of course it is!

You can snap to the outer limits of the layer this way – with a selection. I don’t know why sometimes it shows different values if you just press Ctrl(Option)-T for free Transform in the INFO palette – a few pixels but it is still different.

wrote:
The info palette is incredibly useful.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections