JS
Posted By
James Scarpati
Jul 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do you inport a picture to Photoshop Elements that is on a CD?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DS
Dick Smith
Jul 3, 2003
James,

You don’t really "import" an image from a CD, you "open" the image as you would any other kind of file in any program.

Go to File>Open and specifiy your CD drive and then pick the image you want to open.

Or, click on Window on the menu bar in PSE and choose File Browser, then identify your CD drive in the folder tree at the top left. You will then see thumbnails of the images on the CD. Double click any that you’d like to open in PSE.

Dick
DS
Dick Smith
Jul 3, 2003
Beth,

Thanks for that additional info. I hadn’t thought of the original question in that way at all.

Dick
B
BobHill
Jul 3, 2003
James,

Just remember that all files (including image files) that are saved on a CD will ALWAYS have a READONLY attribute. So once you copy the file onto your hard drive to SAVE it or DELETE it, you MUST first change the attribute from Read Only (PC or MAC).

Bob
CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 3, 2003
Bob, when I bring images in from a CD, I generally leave them as Read-Only – keeps me from inadvertenly overwriting them after an editing session! I try real hard to keep myself out of trouble….

🙂

Chuck
CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 4, 2003
Bob, thanks. I didn’t explain myself very well, I guess. I like to have the ‘originals’ in a folder on my hard drive in addition to being backed up on CD; then when I edit them, I want to save them with a different name while keeping the originals intact. If I forget and save over the original – especially if I do that before archiving to CD – not good. So I’ve begun to set the read-only flag on those originals to keep me out of trouble… I know I’m wasting a lot of hard drive space, but….someday maybe I’ll change…

🙂

Chuck

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections