MD
Posted By
michael_Dun
Aug 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been photographing a book and am now putting the pages together. This involves expanding the canvas of the left-hand page and dropping in the righ-hand. All was going well until the resizing has started to put in a much reduced canvas size yet all setting appear the same ?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 18, 2004
Sorry Michael, I have no idea what you’re asking.

There is a difference between resizing an image and changing its canvas size. If you could clarify your question, we can help more.

Peace,
Tony
MD
michael_Dun
Aug 18, 2004
I’ve been able to enlarge the canvas, but for some reason resizing isn’t responding as it did before – almost as if it isn’t reading the
figures input for the canvas size -hope this is clear?
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 18, 2004
Well, again, you’re intermingling two terms and that can mean two different things. But lets’ try this…

If you do Image|Canvas Size, you get a dialog. There you can set the units and amount and specify whether that amount is relative or absolute. When you do that, you are increasing the area around your photo/image, making the overall image size larger, without affecting any of the pixels of the main image.

If you Image|Resize Image… you have a litany of choices that ultimately affects the size of the main image, not its background.

What is it you are trying to do?

Peace,
Tony
MD
michael_Dun
Aug 18, 2004
Still don’t know what has happened but have changed size to compensate – -seems to work -thanks for your interest -best wishes.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections