TG
Posted By
Thomas Geist
Jul 15, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am looking for the (official) definition of the IPTC-tags. I have searched www.iptc.org but all I could find was documents on their news classification etc.

Any idea?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TG
Thomas Geist
Jul 15, 2003
Dave,

thanks for the links, but that’s exactly where I looked. There I could only find stuff like the News Subject Codes ("Arts, Culture & Environment", "Sports" etc.) but not the Tags that are used in Photoshop’s file info for example.

Here’s why I want it: The use of the tags "Author", "Author name", "Author title" for instance are being mixed up by about every program I know (Photoshop, Extensis Portfolio, Canto Cumulus, iMatch, EXIFer, IPTCExt …).

In addition the translation to German (I use German versions) sometimes is awkward. What goes where … ?

Thanks for further indormation!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections