F
Posted By
fullrun
Jun 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am new to Photoshop. I have Photoshop V 5.5. I don’t seem to have a "crop tool" within my tool pallette. I can only crop by using the "marquee tool" and then going to the Edit Menu to crop. I have uninstalled and re-installed the software. But, the crop tool still does not load with the other tool icons. Pleased advise. Is there a feature which allows you to customize which tools are on your palette? Would appreciate assistance.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Phosphor
Jun 28, 2003
It’s there. Tools are grouped together. Right-Clicking is key.

Have a look at your quick reference card, or the manual, and wondrous new vistas will reveal themselves, along with the Crop Tool.
F
fullrun
Jun 28, 2003
Thanks. Just found it. Not right click, had tried that… but in this version, just hold left click down while cursor is on Marquee tool… and, lo and behold, five tool options are offered within that including the crop tool. Will wonders never cease! Thanks.
P
Phosphor
Jun 28, 2003
Hmmm….Right-Clicking works for me. have you futzed with your right-click settings at all?

Clicking and holding works too.

None the less, I generally use keyboard commands anyway.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections