PS
Posted By
Peter_Sale
Jul 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In PSCS Browser I manually added a Description, an Author and a Copyright within IPTC, within the Metadata tag of the Browser (lower left hand corner of the Browser). Prior to this change the Camera Data (Exif) tab displayed all sorts of Camera related data, after this change all Camera related data was erased. Is this a bug, working as designed or did I do something wrong?

Regards,

Peter Sale
Santa Monica, CA USA
To email me, just pull ‘my-leg.’

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

M
MarcPawliger
Jul 5, 2004
In article ,
wrote:

In PSCS Browser I manually added a Description, an Author and a Copyright within IPTC, within the Metadata tag of the Browser (lower left hand corner of the Browser). Prior to this change the Camera Data (Exif) tab displayed all sorts of Camera related data, after this change all Camera related data was erased. Is this a bug, working as designed or did I do something wrong?

Adding the IPTC Description and other fields should not affect the EXIF fields (except for the EXIF fields that are aliased to the IPTC fields, but you mentioned camera data, which is not aliased). How are you determining the EXIF data is gone?

–marc
PS
Peter_Sale
Jul 5, 2004
In the lower left hand corner of the PSCS Browser there is an IPTC tab where I manually entered text for a Description, an Author and a Copyright. Below that IPTC tag there is a "Camera Data (Exif)" tab where the Exif data is displayed as expected until after I enter and "Apply" this metadata to my selected file(s). Immediately after I click "Apply" my Exif data disappears.

Regards,

Peter Sale
Santa Monica, CA USA

responded …
Adding the IPTC Description and other fields should not affect the EXIF fields (except for the EXIF fields that are aliased to the IPTC fields, but you mentioned camera data, which is not aliased). How are you determining the EXIF data is gone?

–marc

wrote:

In PSCS Browser I manually added a Description, an Author and a
Copyright
within IPTC, within the Metadata tag of the Browser (lower left hand
corner
of the Browser). Prior to this change the Camera Data (Exif) tab
displayed
all sorts of Camera related data, after this change all Camera related
data
was erased. Is this a bug, working as designed or did I do something
wrong?
M
MarcPawliger
Jul 5, 2004
In article ,
wrote:

In the lower left hand corner of the PSCS Browser there is an IPTC tab where I manually entered text for a Description, an Author and a Copyright. Below that IPTC tag there is a "Camera Data (Exif)" tab where the Exif data is displayed as expected until after I enter and "Apply" this metadata to my selected file(s). Immediately after I click "Apply" my Exif data disappears.

If you purge the File Browser cache for the folder in which the file resides, does the EXIF data reappear? Purge the cache for that file using the File Browser menu File> Purge Cache.

If this is repeatable, can you email me a copy of the file before you add IPTC data and the file afterward?

This is not something we have heard about before.

–marc
PS
Peter_Sale
Jul 6, 2004
Yes, purging the cache for that file brought back the exif data. Care to speculate why that would bring back the exif data? What is the purpose of purging the cache? Why would someone want to do that?

Regards,

Peter Sale
Santa Monica, CA USA
===

wrote …

If you purge the File Browser cache for the folder in which the file resides, does the EXIF data reappear? Purge the cache for that file using the File Browser menu File> Purge Cache.

If this is repeatable, can you email me a copy of the file before you add IPTC data and the file afterward?

This is not something we have heard about before.

–marc

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections