SE
Posted By
Sarah_Emily_Williams
Jul 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Before upgrading to CS all jpegs had a preview of each image when I viewed in a folder. Now they have all changed to an Adobe icon. Can this be changed back to a preview of each individual? I’m not sure if it’s related to Photoshop or my OS which is MS2000 or something else.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

QP
Q_Photo
Jul 27, 2004
Try this. Open MY DOCUMENTS or MY COMPUTER and click on the file that has your jpgs in it. At top of window click on VIEW and select THUMBNAILS. This setting may have gotten changed. Good luck.
BM
Brett_Moss
Jul 30, 2004
Yes, I have the same problem except I can see some JPEGs – TIFFS. Before CS install I could view about 80 – 90% of my pics, now only a handful of JPEGs can be seen in thumbnail view. All I get now is an unviewable sea of PSD-feather icons. I run Win XP and keep it up-to-date. What happened?
Other than this little problem CS is great (though I think the Browser needs some work – it needs to be independently operable [not trapped inside the Photoshop work area – I use dual monitors and like to keep the work area on one and tools on another] – and be "On Top" of tools when it is clicked on).
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 30, 2004
see the readme file in the photoshop folder re: cs no longer doing thumbs for psds. search this forum for the dozens of threads on it.
BM
Brett_Moss
Jul 30, 2004
Upon further exploration of the Forum the news looks bad. I found this on another, similar, thread. It seems to be from one of the forum poobahs.

"correct. see the readme file under photoshop and search this forum for the multitude of threads on this topic. the ability to view thumbs in explorer has been removed due to a problem in explorer that was causing some users to lose data."

This would seem to be a large problem – hopefully someone (Microsoft and Adobe point fingers at each other) will fix this problem. I’m going to try to reassociate numerous files with other programs for default opening, that should bring back the thumbnail view. I’ll see if 5.5 is still accessible to give me the PSD thumbs I need. The things I need to use Photoshop for I’ll then use the "open with" option. Kind of a drag.
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 30, 2004
A preview in the file, and file associated with a program to open it are two entirely different things, you know?

Mac
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 30, 2004
Upon further exploration of the Forum the news looks bad.

that depends on your perspective. if you were one of the lucky ones losing work every other week you’d be jumping up and down with joy.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections