TK
Posted By
Thad_Kresho
Jul 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a HP 4500 color laser jet printer, and a 3300 Magicolor Konica Minolta printer and neither will print anything from Photoshop. I was told that I needed to contact photoshop about the problem. Can I be given any advise? They both print everything from word and excel.
Thank you.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Jul 21, 2004
sounds like a print driver or setup problem to me. anyway tell us exactly what happens. how are you trying to print? what happens to the print? does it just dissapear? stuck in the print queue? details.

btw, we aren’t adobe. this is a user to user forum. most of us here are just regular users like you.

dave
TK
Thad_Kresho
Jul 21, 2004
It is just stuck in the print queue. It happens with both the HP laser and Konica laser printers. It will print on my HP1160. The drivers are both PS drivers.
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 21, 2004
The drivers are both PS drivers.

that makes no sense. adobe doesn’t supply a driver, your printer manufacturer does.

give us all the details you can. why is it stuck in the queue? it’s you’re machine, we can’t come over there and look up all the details. please be as precise and full in your descriptions as possible.
TK
Thad_Kresho
Jul 21, 2004
Two printers—-HP 4500 & Konica Minolta 3300 magicolor —– does the same thing on each —- just will not print — each one shows that it has received the data, but they each just sit there. As I said, the HP1160 prints the sheet immediately after I click on print. I know it does not make sense, but the Konica people have told me that certain documents will not print from Word, although I have not experienced that, but they now tell me that adobe should be able to tell me why I cannot get the photoshop project to print. Everything else that I try to print, from word, excel, and some brochures that we print, will all print from each of these printers, but not from Photoshop. I do not know what else to say—I have been printing for years all kinds of things—our 110 page training manual with many colored pictures, prints straight thru with no problems, but I cannot get even one page to print from a photoshop project. don’t give up on me or do you need to know something else. I cannot see how I can be the only person that this is happening to.
CC
Chris_Cox
Jul 21, 2004
Make sure you’re sending ASCII encoding, not Binary. (windows spoolers choke on Binary)
L
LenHewitt
Jul 21, 2004
Dave,

PS -> PostScript (not Photoshop)
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 21, 2004
PS -> PostScript (not Photoshop)

Yea, I was starting to think that and was going to post when chris jumped in… still this was holding me back…

neither will print anything from Photoshop.

note: won’t print ANYthing.

guess we’ll wait for more info.
dave
B
BobLevine
Jul 21, 2004
Try saving your image as a Photoshop PDF and opening it in Acrobat or Reader. Will it print from there?

Bob
TK
Thad_Kresho
Jul 21, 2004
I saved each as a PDF file opening in Acrobat, and each printed. The question is: Is this standard or is there a way around this or do I just have something unusual going on here?
B
BobLevine
Jul 21, 2004
There is something wrong. It should print just fine. How much memory is in the printer.

Bob
TK
Thad_Kresho
Jul 21, 2004
The HP has 96MB memory and the Konica has 256MB.
B
BobLevine
Jul 21, 2004
Should be more than enough. I’m stumped.

Bob
JH
Jake_Hannam
Jul 22, 2004
Thad,

1. Check your Page Setup from within Photoshop. Make sure you don’t have it set on one of the ‘manual’ printer tray options. Photoshop will wait forever if you do (wating for you to press a button on your printer.

2. You might also press CTL-ALT-SHFT while Photoshop is loading to reset your preferences.

3. This last one does not appear to be your problem but I run into it occasionally. My printers are on a USB hub and, sometimes, when I put the computer on ‘standby’ overnight and then log back on, sometimes the computer has lost its connection to the USB. Rebooting reestablishes the connection and the printer then prints everything held in its queue.

Just a few thoughts …

Jake
TK
Thad_Kresho
Jul 22, 2004
I appreciate your thoughts, Jake. I will give them a checkout later today and let you know if I have any good results.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections