Posted By
Bill Haines
Jun 15, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
Within a larger ceramic tiling job I have to design a glass mosaic tile border. The tiles are 25mm square laid out in 2 rows with 2mm spacings all around each. The longest single length of border is 3 metres.

I’ve scanned each variation of tile and saved them as JPEGs Now I want to be able to drop these JPEGS into a lattice work of guidelines to try out prospective pattern variations.
I started out with a grid in Photoshop and had no trouble dragging the 6 horizontal guides into place. The vertical guides needed are so numerous that I’m trying to find a way to put them in automatically, rather than dragging each one manually.

Can anyone please give me a clue as to how this can be done? I did a Google on "multiple guides" but it didn’t come up with much. Maybe I’d be better off using a completely different method to do this. I also have Illustrator, if using this program would be more appropriate.
TIA

Bill Haines

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

E
Eva
Jun 15, 2006
Bill Haines wrote:

Hi,
Within a larger ceramic tiling job I have to design a glass mosaic tile border. The tiles are 25mm square laid out in 2 rows with 2mm spacings all around each. The longest single length of border is 3 metres.

I’ve scanned each variation of tile and saved them as JPEGs Now I want to be able to drop these JPEGS into a lattice work of guidelines to try out prospective pattern variations.
I started out with a grid in Photoshop and had no trouble dragging the 6 horizontal guides into place. The vertical guides needed are so numerous that I’m trying to find a way to put them in automatically, rather than dragging each one manually.

Can anyone please give me a clue as to how this can be done? I did a Google on "multiple guides" but it didn’t come up with much. Maybe I’d be better off using a completely different method to do this. I also have Illustrator, if using this program would be more appropriate.
TIA

Bill Haines

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/brief-safe-scares-awa y-thieves-167338.php

Eva
BH
Bill Haines
Jun 15, 2006
On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 17:56:34 GMT, Eva
wrote:

Bill Haines wrote:

Hi,

TIA

Bill Haines

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/brief-safe-scares-awa y-thieves-167338.php
Eva

Of course, why didn’t I think to ask?

Bill Haines

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections