Posted By
Thomas_Rooney
Jun 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi everyone,

I am trying to print with a white border around a black and white 4 x 6 picture, but when I try to print the picture, the border is not even around the picture. Usually the right and left side of the picture has a thicker border than the rest of the picture. Is there anything I can do to print an even border around the picture?

Thanks for any help.

Tom

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Jun 2, 2004
Tom…..

Sorry I’m not going to have an answer for you but I’m going to be interested to find out how as I’m about to print some 4 x 6 as well.

Just a couple of questions though.

Do you have a border around the on screen image?
What printer are you using?
What paper size do you have?

Let’s hope we get some help.

Colin
MO
mat_of_the_mint
Jun 2, 2004
This is the way I do it (I like a 1/8 in. border) –
I make the foto 3.75 in. by 5.75 in., create a blank canvas 4×6 and put the foto in the blank. If you want the foto itself to be 4×6 with a border, create a blank canvas 4.25 in by 6.25 in. and put the full 4×6 in the blank. Of course, this is an odd size of paper and you will have to cut your own.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections