Photo-Plugins
Mar 8, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,
I just wanted to let you know about Photo-Plugins
(http://www.photo-plugins.com), a site I set up to distribute several Photoshop plugins I develop.
At this moment you can download for free the following plugins: -Black & White conversion (adjustable tonal response, b/w films simulation, grain, toning etc)
-Local Contrast Enhancement (alternative sharpening method) -Contrast Mask
-Gradient Blur
-Soft Focus
-Barrel/Pincushion correction
-Selective Saturation (based on saturation masks)
-High Pass Sharpening

Comments and suggestions welcome!
Enjoy.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

TB
The Bent One
Mar 8, 2006
On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 08:19:25 +0200, Photo-Plugins
mumbled:

Hi all,
(http://www.photo-plugins.com), a site I set up to distribute several Photoshop plugins I develop.
At this moment you can download for free the following plugins: -Black & White conversion (adjustable tonal response, b/w films simulation, grain, toning etc)
-Local Contrast Enhancement (alternative sharpening method) -Contrast Mask
-Gradient Blur
-Soft Focus
-Barrel/Pincushion correction
-Selective Saturation (based on saturation masks)
-High Pass Sharpening

Enjoy.

Looks good, but can’t download. ?
HL
Harry Limey
Mar 8, 2006
"The Bent One"

I just downloaded the sharpener without problem!! 2 seconds!!
TT
Tom Thomas
Mar 8, 2006
The Bent One wrote:

I had no problem getting the gradient blur. What happens when you attempt to download?

——————
Tom

Unsolicited advertisements cheerfully ignored.
T
toby
Mar 8, 2006
Photo-Plugins wrote:
Hi all,
(http://www.photo-plugins.com), …

Mac versions?

Enjoy.
P
Photo-Plugins
Mar 10, 2006
No Mac compatibility at the moment, sorry. I use Filtermeister to develop them, and it is only Win compatible. That may change soon with Intel based Macs though.

Mac versions?

Enjoy.
T
toby
Mar 10, 2006
Photo-Plugins wrote:
No Mac compatibility at the moment, sorry. I use Filtermeister to develop them, and it is only Win compatible. That may change soon with Intel based Macs though.

Not until said Macs run Windows, or FM is ported to MacOS.

Mac versions?

Enjoy.
MR
Mike Russell
Mar 10, 2006
"toby" wrote in message
Photo-Plugins wrote:

A little blue skying here, but what are the odds someone will write a Windows API for Intel OSX? Seems fairly likely to me.

Then all that would be needed is a stub plugin to convert Mac native Photoshop plugin calls to Windows-land.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
T
toby
Mar 10, 2006
Mike Russell wrote:
"toby" wrote in message
Photo-Plugins wrote:

A little blue skying here, but what are the odds someone will write a Windows API for Intel OSX? Seems fairly likely to me.

If anything, such a project would be based on Wine, the Windows API for Linux/UNIX; a port to OS X probably exists already (too tired to Google). Wine is a huge project, and mostly done. Nobody is going to redo it from scratch just to get a few plugins working.

Then all that would be needed is a stub plugin to convert Mac native Photoshop plugin calls to Windows-land.

The funny thing, in context of the OP, is I already did some work on a tool to convert FilterMeister source to a Mac user interface shell. But I’m not sure that I can devote the time to finish it right now.

Also, since the plugin API is identical for all platforms, it’s no big thing to port ordinary C/C++ plugins. The difficulty in this case is, of course, using a platform (FM) that’s tied to Windows.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections