Posted By
Sonars_UK
Oct 26, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

I’ve drawn a yellow post-it note using Photoshop CS. To give it a more realistic look I would like to add a drop shadow to it. But… I don’t want the drop shadow to be even. Basically I don’t want a drop shadow at the top of the post-it but I want it to become gradually larger at the bottom so it give the impression that the post it note is stuck down at the top and is flapped up a little a the bottom.

Any ideas anyone?

Best regards and thank you for any help.

Sonars UK

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

TT
Tom Thomas
Oct 26, 2005
"Sonars_UK" <sonars_uk@(remove)hotmail.com> wrote:

I’ve drawn a yellow post-it note using Photoshop CS. To give it a more realistic look I would like to add a drop shadow to it. But… I don’t want the drop shadow to be even. Basically I don’t want a drop shadow at the top of the post-it but I want it to become gradually larger at the bottom so it give the impression that the post it note is stuck down at the top and is flapped up a little a the bottom.

Make your drop shadow the way we did it before we had fancy filters and layer styles to automate the process.

Duplicate your post-it layer and fill the bottom of the two with black. Apply gausian blur and adjust opacity as desired. Now you have a shadow on a layer under the post-it. Use transform to adjust the size/shape of the shadow as you wish.

There is a lot more flexibility in the "old fashioned" way of doing some things.
——————
Tom

Unsolicited advertisements cheerfully ignored.
D
drjchamberlain
Oct 27, 2005
Sonars:

I have one I downloaded a while back from a website (possibly even Adobe’s or Apple’s) but don’t remember the address.

The image is available as both .psd and .png (it was downloaded as a .sit compressed file in case you prefer this format as well).

The post-it note looks really good and I usually add it to Keynote presentations (Apple’s improved version of PowerPoint) to highlight something special that needs attention.

Let me know if you are interested and I can post it to the group or e-mail it to you.

Best regards,

Joseph

Dr. Joseph Chamberlain
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery

———————————————————— —————-

On 10/26/05 3:02 AM, in article yuI7f.12533$,
"Sonars_UK" wrote:

Hi

Any ideas anyone?

Best regards and thank you for any help.

Sonars UK
HL
Harry Limey
Oct 27, 2005
"Sonars_UK" <sonars_uk@(remove)hotmail.com> wrote in message
I’ve drawn a yellow post-it note using Photoshop CS. To give it a more realistic look I would like to add a drop shadow to give the impression that the post it note is stuck down at the top and is flapped up a little at the bottom.

Vizros, very kindly, provide a free plug-in that might do just what you want!! and its very realistic!!
http://www.vizros.com/

Harry

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections