Posted By
Silly__V
Nov 19, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi folks,
I am working in Photoshop CS. I want to apply different drop shadow parameters to different layers, but when I try to create a new drop shadow, any changes also affect my existing drop shadow on another layer. How can I have 3 different drop shadow settings in the same document but on unique layers?
TIA!!!
-V

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CB
charles badland
Nov 19, 2006
Uncheck "Use Global Light"
PT
Phil_Taz
Nov 19, 2006

1. dont use global light in your settings
2. make each affected layer into a layer group with blend mode set to ‘normal’
3. you probably won’t need to do 2. (depends on how your layers interact)

Each layer can have its own drop shadow, only the global lighting affects all layers if selected.
P
Phosphor
Nov 19, 2006
Q: And where might one find and change the "Global Light" settings, if one wants to change it?

A: Once you have a Layer Style applied to a layer or object, Control+Click on the "Effects" grouping in the Layers Palette and glide down the contextual menu to "Global Light…"

(NOTE: The settings for "Global Light" may also be available in Photoshop’s main Preferences dialogue in versions CS/CS2. I can’t say for sure since I still work in Photoshop 7.0.1)
S
Silly__V
Nov 20, 2006
Thanks so much, appreciate it!
-V

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections