Can’t get new brushes or custom shapes to load!

I
Posted By
I._P._Freeley
Jun 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I downloaded a bunch of new brushes and custom shapes from Adobe studio, and as it said, I copied them into the proper directories, and when I run Photoshop 7, I can’t get them to load. I can’t even get the menu to come out of the side of the custom shape box or brush box that allows you load the new items. Before I put them in there, it worked fine. Did I do something wrong? Help!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CC
Chris_Cox
Jun 3, 2004
You’re running Win98/ME aren’t you?

As explained in several other topics, there is a menu length limit in that OS that Microsoft never documented. Removing some of the preset files from the presets folder should restore the menus.
CC
Chris_Cox
Jun 3, 2004
Oh, and upgrading to Win2K or XP will also solve the problem.
I
I._P._Freeley
Jun 3, 2004
Yeah, I figured out that this is what I did wrong. I put a LOT of new things in there, but I figured out that I can load a few at a time using the preset manager, and it worked out fine for me. It’s the same way with fonts you install, too. If you put too many in, it causes others not to load properly within other programs. I am running windows ME. I am thinking about upgrading to windows 2000- I don’t really like XP, and my computer specs are not up to par for running it! Thanks for your help!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections