Posted By
Shep123
Jan 9, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Everyone,

Am I misunderstanding an option in the Brush Shape Dynamics palette? I’m trying to create a brush that rotates 360ΒΊ continuously as I paint. I could have sworn I’ve come across similar brushes before, but when I try to set the brush up myself with a custom tip I can’t get it to rotate. It looks great in the brush options palette, but when I try to paint the options don’t seem to affect the brush. Here is a screenshot (http://benjaminshepard.com/dump/psbrush1.gif) of the palette with an example of what is actually drawn below it. I get the same results with a tablet or mouse. I can up the angle jitter and the brush will rotate slightly and erratically, but I’m looking for a nice uniform stroke.

Am I missing an option somewhere or is this impossible?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MH
Mike Hyndman
Jan 9, 2007
wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

Am I misunderstanding an option in the Brush Shape Dynamics palette? I’m trying to create a brush that rotates 360
S
Shep123
Jan 10, 2007
Try setting the Angle jitter to 100%

HTH
MH

Thanks for the suggestion Mike! Setting the Angle jitter to anything over 0% creates a very erratic/random stroke instead of the uniform rotation I’m looking for. I’m baffled because the example in the brush palette looks exactly how I hope it would, but the control doesn’t carry over when I draw on the canvas.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections