O
Posted By
ohsojourner
Jan 17, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently bought a new Apple G5 with Panther 10.3. I had been using a Wacom tablet prior to this on my G3s, and downloaded software from Wacom’s website to make it compatible with OSX. I’m noticing that the pen cursor sticks and wobbles when I work in Photoshop on my G5. I did not have this problem on my G3 PowerBook. It is very annoying and makes the graphics tablet almost unuseable for my purposes. I tried adjusting the controls but nothing seems to work. Has anyone had this problem before? Is this a software or a hardware issue? Does it have anything to do with my using an older graphics tablet on a newer interface?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
Clyde
Jan 18, 2005
OhSojourner wrote:
I recently bought a new Apple G5 with Panther 10.3. I had been using a Wacom tablet prior to this on my G3s, and downloaded software from Wacom’s website to make it compatible with OSX. I’m noticing that the pen cursor sticks and wobbles when I work in Photoshop on my G5. I did not have this problem on my G3 PowerBook. It is very annoying and makes the graphics tablet almost unuseable for my purposes. I tried adjusting the controls but nothing seems to work. Has anyone had this problem before? Is this a software or a hardware issue? Does it have anything to do with my using an older graphics tablet on a newer interface?

Do you have the latest Wacom drivers?

Clyde
O
ohsojourner
Jan 18, 2005
Clyde wrote:

<< OhSojourner wrote:
I recently bought a new Apple G5 with Panther 10.3. I had been using a Wacom tablet prior to this on my G3s, and downloaded software from Wacom’s website
to
make it compatible with OSX. I’m noticing that the pen cursor sticks and wobbles when I work in Photoshop on my G5. I did not have this problem on my G3 PowerBook. It is very annoying and makes the graphics tablet almost unuseable for my purposes. I tried adjusting the controls but nothing seems
to
work. Has anyone had this problem before? Is this a software or a hardware issue? Does it have anything to do with my using an older graphics tablet on
a
newer interface?

<BR><BR>

I believe that’s what I downloaded from the Wacom site.
C
Clyde
Jan 19, 2005
OhSojourner wrote:
Clyde wrote:

<< OhSojourner wrote:

I recently bought a new Apple G5 with Panther 10.3. I had been using a Wacom tablet prior to this on my G3s, and downloaded software from Wacom’s website

to

make it compatible with OSX. I’m noticing that the pen cursor sticks and wobbles when I work in Photoshop on my G5. I did not have this problem on my G3 PowerBook. It is very annoying and makes the graphics tablet almost unuseable for my purposes. I tried adjusting the controls but nothing seems

to

work. Has anyone had this problem before? Is this a software or a hardware issue? Does it have anything to do with my using an older graphics tablet on

a

newer interface?

<BR><BR>

I believe that’s what I downloaded from the Wacom site.

Now you get to wait for them to make them good in OSX. I found mine to be pretty flaky in OSX on my old iMac. They work much better in XP. <sigh>

Sorry, I don’t have a better answer than that.

Clyde

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections