JP
Posted By
Jason Parr
Jul 6, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am thinking of dipping my to in the Photoshop water for some time now.

Would a graphics tablet help me greatly?
I have heard that the Wacom Intuos2 tablets are the best. What size of tablet do you recommend for Photoshop?

voodoochile

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

S
Stephan
Jul 6, 2003
"Jason Parr" wrote in message
I have heard that the Wacom Intuos2 tablets are the best. What size of tablet do you recommend for Photoshop?

Dipping your what? 😉
Big tablets = shoulder workout
I use the 3.5" x 5 covering three monitors and it never felt to small

Stephan
P
pions
Jul 7, 2003
..> I use the 3.5" x 5 covering three monitors and it never felt to small
Hmm maybe you have some unique abilities which jason maynot have. Or the monitors you used are 3.5" dia. This size, imho is slightly too small for multiple monitors!
PB
Peter Barker
Jul 7, 2003

I use the 3.5" x 5 covering three monitors and it never felt to small
Pions wrote:

Hmm maybe you have some unique abilities which jason maynot have. Or the monitors you used are 3.5" dia. This size, imho is slightly too small for multiple monitors!

Mine’s smaller than yours!!

Stephan’s abilities aren’t all that unique: If you do get a tablet, Jason, I think it’s worth experimenting with the mapping control panel. I find the full area of a 90 x 125mm graphire tablet bigger than I need for two monitors (1280 x 1024 and 1024 x 768). I scaled down the tablet area mapping in the control panel to an area roughly a quarter of the pad (approximately 6cm x 5cm) and can reach any part of either screen with a movement of the wrist rather than a movement of the arm. At the same time, I find this setup comfortable for doing precision work with brushes or pens in Photoshop, FreeHand, etc.

Slightly off topic, I’ve always wondered why Apple don’t incorporate a mini pressure-sensitive tablet into their trackpads on their iBooks and PowerBooks.

Pete

To reply change the colour mode from CMYK to RGB but without the Red or the Green. 😉
BK
Barry Kelsall
Jul 7, 2003
from "Jason Parr"

It depends greatly on how you like to work. If you want to retouch photos then most likely the small 4×5 will work fine for you.

If you like to "paint" with grand sweeping motions, then get something bigger.

I use a 4×5 across two monitors (photo work) and am very happy. Expect to spend some time adjusting from the relative move of a mouse to the absolute coordinates of the tablet. -BK
MD
Mike Davis
Jul 10, 2003
6×8 is a bit larger than a mousepad. Perfect size for most desktops, just large enough to use for longer lines, just small enough for photo retouching without hogging the whole desktop.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections