S
Posted By
Summertown
May 8, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Several online Photoshop tutorials I have read seem to recommend the use of graphics tablets. Can anyone recommend an easy to use and at the same time a worthwhile graphics tablet to invest in.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JB
JTS Brown
May 8, 2006
"Summertown" wrote in message
Several online Photoshop tutorials I have read seem to recommend the use of graphics tablets. Can anyone recommend an easy to use and at the same time a worthwhile graphics tablet to invest in.

None of the graphics tablets are a good investment–they depreciate as soon as they’re bought.
T
theartist
May 8, 2006
Summertown wrote:
Wacom is definitely the vendor of choice.

http://www.wacom.com/

click on the "which tablet" link

I still use a tablet that was brand-new in 1996(?), the ArtZ II.

It works with Painter IX.x and Adobe’s Design Collection (Photoshop 7, and Illustrator 10)

-theartist
N
noone
May 8, 2006
In article <JcI7g.13400$>, theartist@[remove]ev1.
net says…
Summertown wrote:

It works with Painter IX.x and Adobe’s Design Collection (Photoshop 7, and Illustrator 10)

-theartist

I second this suggestion. I have never encountered a person with a problem with a Wacom, that either this (or similar) NG, or Wacom could not fix. The same cannot be said for most other mfgr’s tablets. Wacom also has a "discount" store on their Web site (www.wacom.com) for refurb units, usually a model, or two old with good prices. While the newer models offer more – usually greater pressure sensitivity, and a few bells-n-whistles, the older ones still work well. Heck, I thought that I was the only one still using an ArtZII !!! Nice to see that I have company. Besides it, I have several Intuos I & II’s, and I love them all, except for a really small one (don’t even recall the model), but then I like the larger tablets, and just make room for them on my desk.

Maybe try a smaller one (some folk swear by them) from the refurb shop at Wacom, and see what all the hupla is about.

Hunt

NewsGuy.Com 30Gb $9.95 Carry Forward and On Demand Bandwidth
U
ushere
May 9, 2006
JTS Brown wrote:
"Summertown" wrote in message

None of the graphics tablets are a good investment–they depreciate as soon as they’re bought.
so does everything else in life? it’s what you can earn/create with it before it breaks or gets superceeded that matters.
T
theartist
May 9, 2006
Hunt wrote:
In article <JcI7g.13400$>, theartist@[remove]ev1.
net says…

Summertown wrote:

-theartist

I second this suggestion. I have never encountered a person with a problem with a Wacom, that either this (or similar) NG, or Wacom could not fix. The same cannot be said for most other mfgr’s tablets. Wacom also has a "discount" store on their Web site (www.wacom.com) for refurb units, usually a model, or two old with good prices. While the newer models offer more – usually greater pressure sensitivity, and a few bells-n-whistles, the older ones still work well. Heck, I thought that I was the only one still using an ArtZII !!! Nice to see that I have company. Besides it, I have several Intuos I & II’s, and I love them all, except for a really small one (don’t even recall the model), but then I like the larger tablets, and just make room for them on my desk.
Maybe try a smaller one (some folk swear by them) from the refurb shop at Wacom, and see what all the hupla is about.

Hunt
😀 Mine’s a 12×12. I was about to write that wacom wasn’t making that size anymore, but they do! I had a 6×8 Intuos at my old job, and it was a little small for my taste. Also I tried a 4×5 a friend of mine had, too. On the 4×5’s I felt like I was trying to write captions on a bunch of Polaroids. That just wasn’t anywhere near right. So Summertown, save your money, and get a tablet that’s a decent size. You’ll hate it if you don’t!
-theartist
FA
Frank Arthur
May 9, 2006
"theartist" <theartist@[remove]ev1.net> wrote in message
Summertown wrote:
Several online Photoshop tutorials I have read seem to recommend the use
of graphics tablets. Can anyone recommend an easy to use and at the same time a worthwhile graphics tablet to invest in.

My God man! Nineteen Ninety Six! That’s ancient times. You must be very,very old to remember that far back:-

-theartist
N
noone
May 11, 2006
In article <ts68g.15289$>, theartist@[remove]ev1.
net says…
Hunt wrote:
[SNIP]
😀 Mine’s a 12×12. I was about to write that wacom wasn’t making that size anymore, but they do! I had a 6×8 Intuos at my old job, and it was a little small for my taste. Also I tried a 4×5 a friend of mine had, too. On the 4×5’s I felt like I was trying to write captions on a bunch of Polaroids. That just wasn’t anywhere near right. So Summertown, save your money, and get a tablet that’s a decent size. You’ll hate it if you don’t!
-theartist

An ArtZII 12×12! Glory be, same size as mine. I also had the same problem with a 6×9. I guess that I was so used to the tablet real estate, that I could never make my strokes small enough to feel comfortable.

Others, however, like the smaller sizes – seems to work, if one draws with their fingertips, or uses the tablet in their lap. I usually do not do either, so the big ones are all that I use nowadays, with the 6×9 attached to my wife’s computer. I do not think she has ever used it though.

Hunt

NewsGuy.Com 30Gb $9.95 Carry Forward and On Demand Bandwidth
RM
RC Moonpie
May 11, 2006
On 11 May 2006 00:33:59 GMT, (Hunt) wrote:

In article <ts68g.15289$>, theartist@[remove]ev1.
net says…
Hunt wrote:
[SNIP]
-theartist

An ArtZII 12×12! Glory be, same size as mine.

Me too! Incredible, those things are still around. Built like a tank. I take it back and forth between two locations, too. Never had a problem.
T
theartist
May 12, 2006
Frank Arthur wrote:
"theartist" <theartist@[remove]ev1.net> wrote in message
Summertown wrote:

Several online Photoshop tutorials I have read seem to recommend the use
of graphics tablets. Can anyone recommend an easy to use and at the same time a worthwhile graphics tablet to invest in.

My God man! Nineteen Ninety Six! That’s ancient times. You must be very,very old to remember that far back:-

-theartist
nah, just got started young. 😀 But sometimes, I don’t know if I can remember back that far!

-theartist

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections