Posted By
Mike Russell
Dec 27, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
wrote in message
I am looking for a freeware text editor – something between notepad and Word. I do not need a spell checker but I would like to do somewhat sophisticated searches and replaces. This is for programming a script language.

Hi Ron, happy holidays.

There’s OpenOffice, or StarOffice (Sun’s version of OpenOffice, free from Google). For script writing, I would check out the various freeware ide’s out there – Eclipse comes to mind but there are other OSF tools. —
Mike Russell – www.curvemeister.com

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
ronviers
Dec 28, 2007
I am looking for a freeware text editor – something between notepad and Word. I do not need a spell checker but I would like to do somewhat sophisticated searches and replaces. This is for programming a script language.

Thanks,
Ron
R
ronviers
Dec 28, 2007
Mike Russell wrote:
wrote in message

Hi Ron, happy holidays.

There’s OpenOffice, or StarOffice (Sun’s version of OpenOffice, free from Google). For script writing, I would check out the various freeware ide’s out there – Eclipse comes to mind but there are other OSF tools. —
Mike Russell – www.curvemeister.com

Hey Mike,
I wish I could afford Ultraedit or Melstudio – they both have mel syntax libraries. It looks like Eclipse may be the way to go. It has a Python syntax library and Maya will allow me to use Python as well as the native mel. I would rather stick with mel but I guess it won’t kill me to know Python.

Happy holidays to you and yours too Mike – I have high hopes of 2008. Thanks,
Ron
R
ronviers
Dec 29, 2007
On Dec 27, 9:40 am, "Mike Russell" <
MOVE> wrote:
wrote in message

Hi Ron, happy holidays.

Mike Russell -www.curvemeister.com

I found a freeware editor called conText at:

http://site0007.web6.uk.umis.net/

Not only is it free but has syntax libraries for a ton of languages – including Mel. You can say I have lace on my panties but I really did not want to learn Python. Eventually I may have to but I have delayed it for a while.
I used to have an editor; it came with my macro assembler, in the late seventies that I dearly loved. When I moved to the PC I used DOS Edit, which I hated. Then in the mid eighties Norton came out with something, I forgot the name of it, that I kind-of liked. That was obsoleted by Windows and I have been using Notepad ever since. Notepad bugs the hell out of me so I will be glad to put it behind me – I should have long ago.

Thanks again,
Ron
S
sleep-o
Dec 31, 2007
On 28 joulu, 08:29, "" wrote:

Thanks,
Ron

notepad2 and notepad++
R
ronviers
Dec 31, 2007
On Dec 30, 7:28 pm, sleep-o wrote:
On 28 joulu, 08:29, "" wrote:

Thanks,
Ron

notepad2 and notepad++

Thank you for the suggestion. If things do not work out with ConText I will take a look.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections