P
Posted By
Phil
Dec 3, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m looking to buy a new flat panel monitor for editing using Elements. I’m an above average amateur but not a dedicated full Photoshop user. I’ve heard well of the Sony SDM-HX95 19 inch. Good? Or something better? I’m in the UK and do not want to spend more than £300 tops.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

K
KatWoman
Dec 3, 2006
"Phil" wrote in message
I’m looking to buy a new flat panel monitor for editing using Elements. I’m an above average amateur but not a dedicated full Photoshop user. I’ve heard well of the Sony SDM-HX95 19 inch. Good? Or something better? I’m in the UK and do not want to spend more than
R
Rob
Dec 4, 2006
Phil wrote:

I’m looking to buy a new flat panel monitor for editing using Elements. I’m an above average amateur but not a dedicated full Photoshop user. I’ve heard well of the Sony SDM-HX95 19 inch. Good? Or something better? I’m in the UK and do not want to spend more than £300 tops.

Suggest you have a good look at a Samsung 19"
R
rubik
Dec 5, 2006
On 3 Dec 2006 09:33:46 -0800, "Phil" wrote:

im considering the amsung SyncMaster 931C (Black) 19" TFT-LCD this has a contrast ratio of 2000-1 and refresh of 2 milliseconds.

in canada the price is 299 canadian dollars.

unfortunately the way the shops are here you can’t really try these things out before you buy so its reading specs and hoping for the best.
P
Phil
Dec 5, 2006
rubik wrote:

im considering the amsung SyncMaster 931C (Black) 19" TFT-LCD this has a contrast ratio of 2000-1 and refresh of 2 milliseconds.

unfortunately the way the shops are here you can’t really try these things out before you buy so its reading specs and hoping for the best.

Thanks for all your views so far. By the way, should I be looking at a wide screen [often 20"] or the conventional shape? Does a wide screen ‘distort’ [i.e. stretch sideways] one’s images?
NS
Nicholas Sherlock
Dec 6, 2006
Phil wrote:
rubik wrote:

Thanks for all your views so far. By the way, should I be looking at a wide screen [often 20"] or the conventional shape? Does a wide screen ‘distort’ [i.e. stretch sideways] one’s images?

No. Not if you run them at their native resolution (The only usuable option on an LCD anyway).

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

http://www.sherlocksoftware.org

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections