D
Posted By
davsf
Apr 9, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I created a paht, and exported it to AI. Then I "stroked" the path in a black pen to make sure it was real.

Then I opened the saved path (mypath.ai) under AI but it was all white – why? What do I have to do, either in photosho, or AI to be able to see my path nuder AI? Also, I couldn’t open my saved path in photoshop either.

Obviously there is something else I have to do BEFORE saving my paht = even though I can see it just fine before stroking it and it is exactly what I want. Just what did I save? I don’t want to "stroke" it before I save the path because the whole idea is to be able to load the path and use different brushes for stroking, but, keeping the same path. What am I doing wrong?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

E
edjh
Apr 9, 2006
wrote:
I created a paht, and exported it to AI. Then I "stroked" the path in a black pen to make sure it was real.

Then I opened the saved path (mypath.ai) under AI but it was all white – why? What do I have to do, either in photosho, or AI to be able to see my path nuder AI? Also, I couldn’t open my saved path in photoshop either.

Obviously there is something else I have to do BEFORE saving my paht = even though I can see it just fine before stroking it and it is exactly what I want. Just what did I save? I don’t want to "stroke" it before I save the path because the whole idea is to be able to load the path and use different brushes for stroking, but, keeping the same path. What am I doing wrong?
What versions are you using?

Try selecting the whole (unstroked) path and Copy, then Paste into Illustrator.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
I
iehsmith
Apr 9, 2006
On 4/9/06 3:57 AM, commented:

I’m not sure you’re doing anythig wrong, but I don’t know what you’re doing. I use old PS 6.0.1 and Illy 9.0.2.

I create a path is PS
Go to File>Export>Paths to Illustrator
Name the file something… let’s say ‘cup outline’
Open the cup outline file in Illy
I see a white page
Select All or use View>Outline to see the path
Assign fill or stroke or do whatever I want with it from there.

Oh, it generally opens with crop marks in Illy, so I Object>Crop Marks>Release and then delete the crop path.

inez
T
Tacit
Apr 9, 2006
In article ,
wrote:

You did nothing wrong. Everything you are seeing is correct.

When you make a path in Photoshop, that path has no stroke and no fill. When you bring the path into Illustrator, it has no stroke and no fill; it is invisible.

In Illustrator, you can give your path any stroke and fill you like, using the Stroke and Fill palettes. Do a Select All (command/control-A, Edit->Select All), and you will see the paths. Then assign a stroke, a fill, or both to the paths.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
Nanohazard, Geek shirts, and more: http://www.villaintees.com

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections