Posted By
Cassidy_Curtis
May 19, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi folks,

I’m having some trouble getting the "File->Export->Paths to Illustrator" command to work from within an Action. I’m running Photoshop CS2 on a Windows XP machine. (For what it’s worth, I used to run this same action all the time in Photoshop 7 with no problems.)

It works just fine if I do it manually by selecting the menu option. But when I try to record that same menu option into an action, and play the action back, I get an error that says:

The command "Export" is not currently available.

Am I doing something wrong here, or is this just a bug? Any help would be much appreciated!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CC
Cassidy Curtis
May 19, 2007
Linking to another problem that seems like it might be related: <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc3f2eb/0>
DR
Danny_Raphael
May 19, 2007
See other thread for possible solution if you are playing the action via the Batch command.

If not and assuming you have PS7 still installed, it would be interesting to know if you get the error applying the action to the same file under PS7.

In CS2 does the action fail on any image to which it is applied? I’m wondering if problem is specific to all files.
CC
Cassidy Curtis
May 19, 2007
I wasn’t using the Batch command, unfortunately. Just executing the action from within Photoshop (by hitting the function key shortcut, the play button, or even double-clicking on that step of the action– the results are always the same.)

The funny thing is, the option is not greyed out in the menu.

I no longer have PS7 installed, but back when it was installed, this action worked fine (and it still did not work in CS2). But my computer has crashed since then, and I’m tired of reinstalling PS7 just to get this one action to work….

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections