AB
Posted By
Alan_Bixby
May 22, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My old Windows 2000 PC is set up with Photoshop Elements program files on Drive C. But images are stored on Drive D. I want to transfer all images with corresponding tags, collections, version sets, stacks, etc. to the C partition of the new PC which has a Windows XP configuration? I see related posts that address Transferring Pictures with Tags … Diane Denis, "Transferring pictures with tags" #1, 20 May 2005 8:19 am </cgi-bin/webx?14> …

But here are additional issues:

1. Will a Backup on a Windows 2000 machine migrate …or Restore… to an XP configuration?
2. What is the most efficient way to re-link images moved from an (old) D Drive to a (new) C Drive? (I have no D Partion on the new PC.)
3. Does the PS Album transfer procedure apply equally well to Elements?
4. What is the best way to import images (with tags) from one catalog to another.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AB
Alan_Bixby
May 25, 2005
….tap tap tap…poof poof…testing 1,2. Hmmmm.
CW
Colin Walls
May 25, 2005

1. Will a Backup on a Windows 2000 machine migrate …Restore in full…
to an XP configuration?

No reason why not.

2. What is the most efficient way to re-link images moved from an (old) D Drive to a (new) C Drive? (I have no D Partion on the new PC.)

With Organizer you can restore the backup to a different location/drive and it will sort out the catalog for you [apparently].

3. Is the PS Album transfer procedure (suggested in the linked post above) the same for PS Elements?

Yes, except for the enhancement I mentioned in (2).

4. Is there a way to selectively export images with tags from one catalog to another.

If it’s just tags you want to export, yes. In Organizer, user File/Write Tag Info… Then open the other catalog and import the images – the tags will come too. However, unless you know exactly what you’re doing, having multiple catalogs is strongly discouraged.
AB
Alan_Bixby
May 25, 2005
Many thanks Colin. I will move ahead on your suggestions.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections