SS
Posted By
Synapse Syndrome
Mar 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I reinstalled XP and CS recently, but this time I was in a hurry to install Illustrator, so installed it on its own and not using the CS2 installer. I then installed Photoshop separately as well. However the Help files haven’t been installed, and nor has Adobe Gamma. How do I install these separately? I installed Adobe Help Centre, and the Adobe Common File installer as well as ‘Suite Specific’ but the Help content is still not there. What is Suite Specific?

I would like to avoid having to uninstall and reinstall the whole lot again, so if anybody knows what I can do please tell.

ss.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

SS
Synapse Syndrome
Mar 23, 2006
"Synapse Syndrome" wrote in message
I reinstalled XP and CS recently, but this time I was in a hurry to install Illustrator, so installed it on its own and not using the CS2 installer. I then installed Photoshop separately as well. However the Help files haven’t been installed, and nor has Adobe Gamma. How do I install these separately? I installed Adobe Help Centre, and the Adobe Common File installer as well as ‘Suite Specific’ but the Help content is still not there. What is Suite Specific?

I would like to avoid having to uninstall and reinstall the whole lot again, so if anybody knows what I can do please tell.

The lack of Adobe Gamma seems to be causing problems for me.

I have set the monitor profile that I had previously made with Adobe Gamma in Display Properties and make it the default profile for the monitor.

In Photoshop I have chosen European Prepress Defaults in Colour Management as I usually do.

But when I open a jpeg that has the sRGB IE61966-2.1 profile embedded and needs no conversion, why does it looks so different than it does normally?

It only looks the same if I use my monitor profile as the working profile. I am sure this isn’t how it was before. Surely I can’t have my pictures being embedded with my monitor profile?

ss.
BH
Bill Hilton
Mar 23, 2006
Synapse Syndrome writes …

I then installed Photoshop separately as well. However the Help files haven’t been installed, and nor has Adobe Gamma.
The lack of Adobe Gamma seems to be causing problems for me.
I have set the monitor profile that I had previously made with Adobe Gamma in Display Properties and make it the default profile for the monitor. But when I open a jpeg … why does it looks so different than it does normally?

This is a guess but I think you need the Adobe Gamma loader, which should reside in your ‘Startup’ folder in XP … it probably writes something to the look-up tables (LUTs) in your video card when you power up and then sets the profile as the default … you are setting the profile as default manually but likely are seeing problems because the LUTs didn’t get updated.

Just a guess but I think it’s something like this …

Bill
MR
Mike Russell
Mar 23, 2006

[re missing Adobe Gamma]

Bill is correct. Adobe Gamma loader modifies the video appearance by loading a particular lookup table (CLUT) into the video card. You are only getting half of the equation by using the profile produced by AG.

I suggest re-installing CS2. Select the option to do a repair install (see section on Removing and repairing):
< http://photoshopnews.com/2005/04/27/understanding-the-photos hop-cs2-installation-and-removal-process-mac-win/>

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
SS
Synapse Syndrome
Mar 28, 2006
"Mike Russell" wrote in message
[re missing Adobe Gamma]

Bill is correct. Adobe Gamma loader modifies the video appearance by loading a particular lookup table (CLUT) into the video card. You are only getting half of the equation by using the profile produced by AG.
I suggest re-installing CS2. Select the option to do a repair install (see section on Removing and repairing):
< http://photoshopnews.com/2005/04/27/understanding-the-photos hop-cs2-installation-and-removal-process-mac-win/>

Thanks a lot both of you. Yes, I finally reinstalled CS and everything is just right now.

Cheers

ss.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections