Posted By
Dave B
Jan 1, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
So – in CS2 – When I Control-click on a layer (in the canvas – not in the layers pallette), it selects the layer just as it always has (yeah!)

….UNLESS the layer is in a set (or Group, I guess they’re called now), in which case Control-click only selects the Group – not the individual layer within that group. Surely there’s a way around this. yes?

Thanks!

Dave B

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

A
A
Jan 3, 2006
Make sure you have Options turned on (Windows>Options from the PS top menu bar)
Then when you use the select tool look at the boxes at the top Have you got a tick in the box which says ‘Auto select groups’ ???

Ian

www.micromountain.com
"Dave B" wrote in message
Hi,
So – in CS2 – When I Control-click on a layer (in the canvas – not in the layers pallette), it selects the layer just as it always has (yeah!)
…UNLESS the layer is in a set (or Group, I guess they’re called now), in which case Control-click only selects the Group – not the individual layer within that group. Surely there’s a way around this. yes?
Thanks!

Dave B

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections