Posted By
Lunaray
May 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Greetings!

When using the clone tool, or other tools, I sometimes have a problem with the tool-cursor disappearing ’cause it matches the color/density as the image I’m working on, this is especially true if I’m working on a grayscale image. Is there a way to make the cursor a bright color so that it really stands out from the image that I’m working on? (Photoshop 7.0)

Thanks all!

Ray

_______
www.rayspace.com

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

F
Frank
May 24, 2004
Bad news I’m afraid!
I have this problem frequently, especially on grey studio backdrops. I am still using PS6.0 (changing to CS in a week or so once new computor is bedded in) and researched the problem some time ago. There is no fix. I don’t know about CS. Earlier versions of PS had a plug in of some sort that allowed you to change cursor colour, but I know of nothing for newer versions.
regards
Frank S. from Australia.

"Lunaray" wrote in message
Greetings!

When using the clone tool, or other tools, I sometimes have a problem with the tool-cursor disappearing ’cause it matches the color/density as the image I’m working on, this is especially true if I’m working on a
grayscale
L
Lunaray
May 24, 2004
Thanks Frank!

I’ve heard the same thing from a couple of other people. I don’t understand why Adobe won’t fix simple little things like this, it would make their products even a greater joy to use!
S
Stephan
May 25, 2004
"Frank" wrote in message
Bad news I’m afraid!
I have this problem frequently, especially on grey studio backdrops. I am still using PS6.0 (changing to CS in a week or so once new computor is bedded in) and researched the problem some time ago. There is no fix. I don’t know about CS. Earlier versions of PS had a plug in of some sort
that
allowed you to change cursor colour, but I know of nothing for newer versions.
regards
Frank S. from Australia.
Use the space bar to change the tool into the little white hand!

Stephan
L
Lunaray
May 25, 2004
Thanks Stephan, I know I can do that and it does help, but it’s still just a work-around to something in PS that should be fixed/changed!

"Stephan" wrote in message
"Frank" wrote in message
Bad news I’m afraid!
I have this problem frequently, especially on grey studio backdrops. I
am
still using PS6.0 (changing to CS in a week or so once new computor is bedded in) and researched the problem some time ago. There is no fix. I don’t know about CS. Earlier versions of PS had a plug in of some sort
that
allowed you to change cursor colour, but I know of nothing for newer versions.
regards
Frank S. from Australia.
Use the space bar to change the tool into the little white hand!
Stephan

S
Stephan
May 26, 2004
"Lunaray" wrote in message
Thanks Stephan, I know I can do that and it does help, but it’s still just
a
work-around to something in PS that should be fixed/changed!
Agreed.

Stephan

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections