BW
Posted By
Bob Williams
Jun 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am touching up an image with a middle gray background. When I activate the clone tool, the cursor that outlines the brush size is also approximately the same color. This makes it almost impossible to see the cursor when it is on the background.
It seems I recall that the cursor color can be changed to contrast with the work piece. But I can’t remember how to do it.
Please refresh my poor old memory. I have PS 5.0 & 7.0 TIA….Bob Williams

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

V
V1nc3nt
Jun 20, 2004
"Bob Williams" wrote in message
I am touching up an image with a middle gray background. When I activate the clone tool, the cursor that outlines the brush size is also approximately the same color. This makes it almost impossible to see the cursor when it is on the background.
It seems I recall that the cursor color can be changed to contrast with the work piece. But I can’t remember how to do it.
Please refresh my poor old memory. I have PS 5.0 & 7.0 TIA….Bob Williams
You could try changing the cursor to ‘Normal’ in your preferences. That will probably make it more visible.
T
tacitr
Jun 20, 2004

Are you using a Mac or PC? It can be changed on a Mac with an optional plug-in (located on your Photoshop CD); it can’t be changed on Windows.

Biohazard? Radiation hazard? SO last-century.
Nanohazard T-shirts now available! http://www.villaintees.com Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more:
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
BW
Bob Williams
Jun 21, 2004
Tacit wrote:

Are you using a Mac or PC? It can be changed on a Mac with an optional plug-in (located on your Photoshop CD); it can’t be changed on Windows.

Oh Crapola!
I have a PC.
It’s suprising that Adobe doesn’t provide that option with Windows. It seems like it would be a very easy thing to do.
Cloning in a neutral gray area is really a bitch when the cursor is the same color.
Any ideas for a workaround?
Bob
T
tacitr
Jun 22, 2004
It’s suprising that Adobe doesn’t provide that option with Windows. It seems like it would be a very easy thing to do.

It’s not, actually. Chris Cox, one of the Photoshop engineers, made a post about this a while back; on Windows, changing a cursor’s color based on the color beneath it is quite difficult.

Biohazard? Radiation hazard? SO last-century.
Nanohazard T-shirts now available! http://www.villaintees.com Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more:
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
BW
Bob Williams
Jun 22, 2004
Tacit wrote:

It’s not, actually. Chris Cox, one of the Photoshop engineers, made a post about this a while back; on Windows, changing a cursor’s color based on the color beneath it is quite difficult.
The cursor color wouldn’t have to change, based on the color beneath it. You could just be offered a few color options , e.g., White, Black, Red etc. One of those colors will contrast with any color in your image. Maybe Chris was just making it too complicated.
Of course, I learned long ago that any task is easy if "I" don’t have to do it. 😉
Bob
J
jenelisepasceci
Jun 22, 2004
Bob Williams wrote:

Tacit wrote:

Oh Crapola!
I have a PC.
Cloning in a neutral gray area is really a bitch when the cursor is the same color.
Any ideas for a workaround?

We had this discussion here already and as Tacit told you, there is no chance for windows users. Somebody posted kind of a workaround then and I resort to it occasionally: press the space bar while moving the mouse around. The white hand will guide you to the proper place. Then release the spacebar and click. This is not a particularly elegant solution but it works for me.
HTH, Peter

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections