SW
Posted By
Steven Wandy
May 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My Mistubishi monitor is slowly dying on me (it is about 6 years old) and I am considering one of the 19" Viewsonics.
Anyone using these? Opinions? Ease of calibration?
Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

C
Clyde
May 22, 2004
Steven Wandy wrote:

My Mistubishi monitor is slowly dying on me (it is about 6 years old) and I am considering one of the 19" Viewsonics.
Thanks.
I am looking at a 17" Pro Series PF775b that I bought as a refurb unit for $99. It will do 1600×1200 at 85Hz. It’s very sharp, clear, and acturate. I just use Adoba Gamma to calibrate mine. The Epson R800 prints have the same colors as the monitor.

I would highly recommend ViewSonic.

Clyde
JH
John H
May 23, 2004
On Sat, 22 May 2004 05:26:06 GMT, "Steven Wandy" wrote:

Thanks.

I’m using a Viewsonics 19" PT975 CRT monitor and it has served me well since July 1999. It has 4 USB out ports on it. It’s easy enough to calibrate using the Pantone Colorvision Spyder. I like the Viewsonics so much that I kept it when I upgraded my PC last year

John.
R
RicSeyler
May 24, 2004
FWIW
My 21" G220F I wouldn’t recommend………

The bottoms at tops of menus are wavy….
It took me a long time to get used to. And
ViewSonic was absolutely not concerned and
Unhelpful. They sent me one replacement that was a refurbished monitor… When I just bought a new one. The Refurb was worse. They even said that a Tech looked at the refurb before sending and said, too bad, that’s a good as it gets…

It was bought to replace a 21" NEC that was 8 years old. And the NEC was straight as an arrow……

I was completely turned off by ViewSonic customer service and their concern..

You mileage may vary.. 🙂

Steven Wandy wrote:

Thanks.

Ric Seyler
BH
Ben Hopson
May 25, 2004
I know many people have had good luck with Viewsonic monitors and I did as well with my 19 inch. My experience with a 22", a PF220F I believe it was, could not have been worse. I bought it brand new and it worked well for a year or two, but on Super Bowl Sunday I thought my house was burning down. It was only the Viewsonic melting away in my computer room. It was still under warrenty and the good folks at Viewsonic told me to send it to them (at my expense) and they would replace it. Well I did that and it only cost me $110.00. After a few emails and phone calls to them over a period of three
months they sent me a replacement. The swivel base was broken but still useable so I set it up only to find that it could not be foccused. I tried it on three computers and it was so blurred that it physically hurt to look at it. I am still using a 19" viewsonic on one of my computers, but after paying almost $800 for the 22", $110 to ship it to Viewsonic and finally $30 to dispose of the refurb or used piece of garbage they sent me as a replacement, I will needless to say not buy another Viewsonic! I replaced the Viewsonic with a new Mitsubishi 21" Diamond Pro and it has performed perfectly. I callibrate with the Gretag McBeth Eye One Photo and it yields excellent prints on my Epson 2200 and 7600 using Image Print RIP.

Like I said, experiences vary when it comes to monitors. I ended up with a bad one and a second bad one as a replacement. I just could’nt keep paying $110 to ship it to Viewsonic and wait for over three months to get a replacement and "Maybe" at some point get one that worked.

Good luck with whichever monitor you decide on.

"Steven Wandy" wrote in message
My Mistubishi monitor is slowly dying on me (it is about 6 years old) and
I
am considering one of the 19" Viewsonics.
Thanks.

R
RicSeyler
May 28, 2004
Here, here on ViewSonic’s concern for their customers…… Terrible.. No ViewSonics again for me either.

Ben Hopson wrote:

I know many people have had good luck with Viewsonic monitors and I did as well with my 19 inch. My experience with a 22", a PF220F I believe it was, could not have been worse. I bought it brand new and it worked well for a year or two, but on Super Bowl Sunday I thought my house was burning down. It was only the Viewsonic melting away in my computer room. It was still under warrenty and the good folks at Viewsonic told me to send it to them (at my expense) and they would replace it. Well I did that and it only cost me $110.00. After a few emails and phone calls to them over a period of three
months they sent me a replacement. The swivel base was broken but still useable so I set it up only to find that it could not be foccused. I tried it on three computers and it was so blurred that it physically hurt to look at it. I am still using a 19" viewsonic on one of my computers, but after paying almost $800 for the 22", $110 to ship it to Viewsonic and finally $30 to dispose of the refurb or used piece of garbage they sent me as a replacement, I will needless to say not buy another Viewsonic! I replaced the Viewsonic with a new Mitsubishi 21" Diamond Pro and it has performed perfectly. I callibrate with the Gretag McBeth Eye One Photo and it yields excellent prints on my Epson 2200 and 7600 using Image Print RIP.
Like I said, experiences vary when it comes to monitors. I ended up with a bad one and a second bad one as a replacement. I just could’nt keep paying $110 to ship it to Viewsonic and wait for over three months to get a replacement and "Maybe" at some point get one that worked.
Good luck with whichever monitor you decide on.

I

Thanks.

Ric Seyler

G
gareth
Jun 11, 2004
Just got a 19" VP191s and its absolutely brilliant. Bright, rich colours, very sharp, and monitor itself looks very neat and stylish. Also includes full pivot. Can thoroughly recommend.

Gareth

I
Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections